Piffery

All Star
Daps
@Piffery

Oh, I almost let that shyt slide :dahell:

Kanye ain't have no goddamn best verse on So Appalled or Monster :laff:

Him and Hov let Nikki Minaj eat them up :laff:

And the only AMAZING verse on Devil In A New Dress is Rozay's verse :martin:
Nicki's verse is overrated and Jay's verse is disqualifies because of that intro.
I don't see how this is supposedly weaker than the rest:
"The best living or dead hands down, huh
Less talk, more head right now, huh

And my eyes more red than the devil is
And I'm about to take it to another level, bytch

No matter who you go and get
Ain't nobody cold as this

Do the rap and the track, triple double no assists
And my only focus is staying on some bogus shyt
Arguing with my older bytch, acting like I owe her shyt

I heard that people sing raps to give the track pain
Bought the chain that always give me back pain
fukking up my money so yeah I had to act sane

Chi nikka but these hoes love my accent
Chick came up to me and said
"This the number to dial
If you wanna make your #1 your #2 now"

Mix that Goose and Malibu I call it "Malibooyah"
Goddamn, Yeezy, how he hit 'em with a new style?

Know that motherfukker well: "What you gonna do now?"
Whatever I want to do. Gosh! It's cool now
Know I'm gonna do, ah, it's the new now
Think you motherfukkers really really need to cool out

Cause you'll never get on top of this
So mommy, best advice is just to get on top of this
Have you ever had sex with a pharaoh?
Put the p*ssy in a sarcophagus

Now she claiming that I bruised her esophagus
Head of the class and she just won a swallowship
I'm living in the future so the present is my past
My presence is a present, kiss my ass
"
You're telling me "color of Willy Wonka" and "middle eastern climate" is better than this?
And what's the issue with Kanye on So Appalled?
This is bad: "nikkas be writing bullshyt like they gotta work
nikkas is going through real shyt, man, they out of work
That's why another goddamn dance track gotta hurt
That's why I'd rather spit something that got a purp'
"
You sure that you just don't like Kanye rapping?
And Kanye fukking murders Devil In A New Dress, fukkoutta here:
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/kany...-dress-and-other-genius-thing-from-ye.361149/

#HarshRealities :yeshrug:

Had cyphers with Yeezy before his mouth wired
Before his jaw shattered climbing up the Lord's ladder

:ohlawd:
#Colirealities
That's great n all breh but do you have an explanation for why the mixing and mastering is trash on a lot of these songs? :dame:

There's parts where this gaudy instrumentation is overpowering Ye's vocals and the sound quality is all fukked up.

As far as Kendrick's songwriting being more creative, he's a better storytelling than Kanye. He experiments with more flows and rhyme patterns. Even a single like These Walls is a more metaphorically layered concept record than most stuff you'll get out of Kanye on Dark Fantasy.

You's a goddamn lie :skip:
If the mastering brings it down that far for you then it brings it down, I'll admit that's a flaw of the album.

These Walls is an incredible song, the Kendrick expertly uses the walls metaphor to apply to the hood, p*ssy, and prison, tying each of those things together in the third verse with the murder of his friend, the murderer being trapped behind the walls, while Kendrick is in his girlfriends "walls" is amazing, and I'm not saying Kanye can do that in the way Kendrick does, but Kendrick can't do what Kanye does either.

But I am saying that Kanye masking his voice behind a distorted Vocoder on Runaway to hide his pain, as well as express his pain and draw out emotions in his fans and create a beautiful sound that his naked voice wouldn't have been able to express, as well as using it as a metaphor for how the media and the world hear what Kanye says (they distort his words and use them to attack him, just like his voice is distorted behind the Vocoder, so then can't really get his emotions), is just as impressive.

We haven't even talked about the beat shift on Hell Of A Life and the full scope of that song, lyrically/thematically and sonically.

And no I'm not a lie, you're just stuck in a bubble.

Daps
I voted TPAB, but almost voted MBDTF off the strength of Lost in the World alone.

Justin Vernon x Kanye is a powerful collab. The song takes me back to a certain place in my life that I know I'll never go back to again. But the relationship of music and memory helps us transport back to those places and events. :wow:

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
:laff:It's a great album man but nah. I can name other hip hop albums that I like more.
No hip hop album is better. Thats your opinion tho. Objectively tpab is the greatest album ever and greatest rap album ever

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
If Kanye wasn't winning this I would drop paragraphs on how it's a better album... but I guess the coli knows.

Essentially there's too many songs on TPAB that just don't elicit a strong emotion from the listener. Wesley's Theory, Institutionalized, For Sale.... there's not a lot of changes of pace on the album. While cohesive, it can feel like a long listen because it's a little one paced. A song like How Much a Dollar Cost is a fantastically written song. But the production is very one paced and cumbersome. Once you've heard and digested the song... your not so tempted to come back and listen to it again.

Now TPAB is a classic record. But it's not seeing MBDTF. That's an emotional roller coaster of a record.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I have to be honest, "MBDTF" has more replay value. Doesn't mean "TPAB" wasn't good because it was but "MBDTF" had more epic songs that I remember and still play till this day. Ye is still chasing that album and it isn't even my fav Ye album but I'd had to vote for it. I actually appreciate it even more now as the years have gone on.

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
If Kanye wasn't winning this I would drop paragraphs on how it's a better album... but I guess the coli knows.

Essentially there's too many songs on TPAB that just don't elicit a strong emotion from the listener. Wesley's Theory, Institutionalized, For Sale.... there's not a lot of changes of pace on the album. While cohesive, it can feel like a long listen because it's a little one paced. A song like How Much a Dollar Cost is a fantastically written song. But the production is very one paced and cumbersome. Once you've heard and digested the song... your not so tempted to come back and listen to it again.

Now TPAB is a classic record. But it's not seeing MBDTF. That's an emotional roller coaster of a record.
Clean your ears son. That song has a different beat with every different verse. Lmao