Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Team Stark, word to @Ironman :salute:
RnEguPI_zpspzcxhtua.png

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
That's his boy and his one last tether to a world he left behind. It makes sense that he'd try to do everything in his power to save him. Does that mean he's right for all the moves he's made? Particiarly when it came to keeping secrets? Hell nah. He's guilty of the same compartmentalizing he gave Fury hell for. But doesn't make him "beta" because of his affection for his best friend. They're not just superheroes; they're human and humans are complex.

shyt if it were my best friend, I'd be just as conflicted by it and would probably do the same thing if it meant saving his life or protecting him.

humans can also make wrong and irresponsible choices. fictional superheroes worth a damn are supposed to be above this. they can struggle with it fine, but ultimately they need to make the responsible choice.

i would rather a film have it's hero not have to make any tough decisions at all then to put them in a position where they are forced to make a tough choice... and they make the WRONG choice.

imagine a villain putting superman in a position where has to save a small city or save lois... and he unabashedly chooses to save lois. that would make him a selfish prick just like every other ordinary human.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Yeah definitely not in the movie. But the subtext is there. In Civil War when they have a scene of them just silently riding an elevator together. I even thought, ''is this shot necessary?!" lol

lol which scene i can't remember.

forgive me i've only seen civil war from beginning to end like twice.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
humans can also make wrong and irresponsible choices. fictional superheroes worth a damn are supposed to be above this. they can struggle with it fine, but ultimately they need to make the responsible choice.

i would rather a film have it's hero not have to make any tough decisions at all then to put them in a position where they are forced to make a tough choice... and they make the WRONG choice.

imagine a villain putting superman in a position where has to save a small city or save lois... and he unabashedly chooses to save lois. that would make him a selfish prick just like every other ordinary human.

Your point about fictional heroes being above that is wrong man. Especially marvel heroes. There’s a reason civil war erupted in the comics. If we’re going by your logic Spider-Man shouldn’t even exist. They don’t always do the right thing. They learn. They grow. They have emotions

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
lol which scene i can't remember.

forgive me i've only seen civil war from beginning to end like twice.
When they fly to Russia to stop Zemo, they reminisce about courting women before stepping off the jet. Fine, but directly after that they show them riding an elevator in silence standing very close together. It was completely extraneous in a movie that had to use every second well. It seemed like a weird inclusion to me. I think it was a nod thing the shiping fans.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Your point about fictional heroes being above that is wrong man. Especially marvel heroes. There’s a reason civil war erupted in the comics. If we’re going by your logic Spider-Man shouldn’t even exist. They don’t always do the right thing. They learn. They grow. They have emotions

cap's love for his friend isn't used as a growing mechanism for the character though, it's embedded in his makeup. he starts that movie emotionally conflicted about handling with bucky and ends the film just the same.

same in civil war... nothing changes. the films establish that cap is flat out unwilling to cross that line.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
When they fly to Russia to stop Zemo, they reminisce about courting women before stepping off the jet. Fine, but directly after that they show them riding an elevator in silence standing very close together. It was completely extraneous in a movie that had to use every second well. It seemed like a weird inclusion to me. I think it was a nod thing the shiping fans.

wow i'd have to see it again but wouldn't shock me:leon:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
cap's love for his friend isn't used as a growing mechanism for the character though, it's embedded in his makeup. he starts that movie emotionally conflicted about handling with bucky and ends the film just the same.

same in civil war... nothing changes. the films establish that cap is flat out unwilling to cross that line.

It’s definitely used as a growing mechanism. He goes from a very black and white guy in first avenger to a guy who understands there’s more gray and nuance. To the point where he is actively working outside the law and breaking the law in civil war and will start in that place in infinity war. First avenger cap would’ve laid down his weapons and just retired once the accords came into play. Now he’s willing to do secret avengers type shyt

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
It’s definitely used as a growing mechanism. He goes from a very black and white guy in first avenger to a guy who understands there’s more gray and nuance. To the point where he is actively working outside the law and breaking the law in civil war and will start in that place in infinity war. First avenger cap would’ve laid down his weapons and just retired once the accords came into play. Now he’s willing to do secret avengers type shyt
his attitude towards bucky remained unchanged though.

and the only reason he is breaking the law in civil war is because of his unwillingness to accept the truth about bucky.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
his attitude towards bucky remained unchanged though.

and the only reason he is breaking the law in civil war is because of his unwillingness to accept the truth about bucky.

He’s accepted the truth about Buck but he also understands that hydra and by proxy shield are the reason for Buck’s issues. Tough to completely blame someone for what they did while being a zombie

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

He totally did that in BvS. He let Jimmy Olsen die to save Lois.
I think it is cool. It humanizes them and makes for more compelling story telling. No one not even superheroes are right 100% of the time.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
He totally did that in BvS. He let Jimmy Olsen die to save Lois.
I think it is cool. It humanizes them and makes for more compelling story telling. No one not even superheroes are right 100% of the time.

when it comes to protecting the people, they better be. they're SUPPOSED to be.

this isn't watchmen.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
when it comes to protecting the people, they better be. they're SUPPOSED to be.

this isn't watchmen.
Wanda fukked up and killed some Africans.
Tony created Ultron who killed numerous people.
Cap shot helacarriers out of the sky that killed civilians.
You are mistaken about the nature of the Marvel Universe.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Wanda fukked up and killed some Africans.
Tony created Ultron who killed numerous people.
Cap shot helacarriers out of the sky that killed civilians.
You are mistaken about the nature of the Marvel Universe.

1. accident
2. accident
3. unintended collateral damage

none of those are as egregious as cap risking it all for bucky a.k.a. extremely dangerous zombie murderer