Me Against The World 20th Anniversary

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Easy Moe Bee says Biggie thought some of the beats on MATW were his :pachaha: (Temptations and If I Die Tonight)

On the twentieth anniversary week of Me Against The World, Easy Mo Bee discusses producing songs on the Tupac album.
“We recorded a big batch of songs,” Easy Mo Bee says during an interview with RevoltTV. “He did one of the smartest things in the world to take the ‘Temptations’ and ‘If I Die Tonight’ and put that on Me Against The World. He takes ‘Straight Ballin,’ he throw that on Thug Life album. These are all songs that I did.”

A listening session on the set of Shakur’s film Above The Rim led to the creation of the “Temptations” record.
“I went to Rucker Park where he was filming Above The Rim, went into the trailer,” Easy Mo Bee says. “I played them one joint that I already made. That track ended up being ‘Temptations. And for all the beat makers, all the producers who know…it was ‘Computer Love’ filtered, just the bass frequencies. Then I’m drumming it up on top. Then I’m laying some keys.”

Easy Mo Bee says he first met Shakur in conjunction with a Big Daddy Kane performance held at Madison Square Garden.
“I’m walking in the long hallway and we gettin’ closer,” Easy Mo Bee says. “The closer he got, he pointed, ‘Yo, I was lookin for you.’ I was kinda fresh, new and green in the business. [In] '89 I had just did Kane [produced on Big Daddy Kane's It's A Big Daddy Thing album] after that The Genius [Words From The Genius] album, some remixes in between and then I worked on that Miles Davis [Doo-Bop] album. He had just done the Juice movie.”
Easy Mo Bee describes the exchange as he recalls the encounter.
“I was like, ‘What you want from me?’” Easy Mo Bee says. “[Shakur] said, ‘I like the stuff you did on Big’s album [The Notorious B.I.G.'s Ready To Die]. I love that ‘Party And Bullshyt.’ When he said that I was bugging because he’s from the West Coast. They got a whole different vibe.”

The Notorious B.I.G. was reportedly expecting those tracks for himself.
“He stood next to me and said, ‘Mo, you’re wrong. You know you were supposed give me them 'Pac joints,'” Easy says. “[Biggie said], ‘You know nothing gets passed me.'”

Juney

Rookie
Daps
white man'z world hold ya head blasphemy hail mary etc. nothing but profound shyt.
Those are good songs, and it sounds deep at times but the messages get blurred at best, ruined at worst with some of the contradictory lyrics. The message overall is lamenting hard times but not really focusing on making a change or any actual remedies. It's just lamenting negative aspects of the thug life with a beat behind it which ends up romanticizing the situations.
Proud to be black
But why do we act like
We don't love ourselves

and this is later followed with:

God Bless me please
Keep my seeds healthy
Banging on my enemies Bleed
While my G's wealthy
Hoping they bury me
With ammunition, weed, and shells
Just in case they trip in heaven
Ain't no G's hell

I should be more specific in that I believe his subject matter and message had matured with Me Against the World, but regressed when he got to Deathrow. Lyrically though he did mature and doing a concept album and turning religious themes on their head was pretty innovative for a mainstream rap artist at the time. It's just that it was focused on gangster fantasies. Calling himself the capo, playing out the Godfather roles.

:what:did you not hear the Makaveli album 7 day theory? He speaking about a lot of deep stuff on that album
It's a negative album though. He begins and ends the album with threats against fellow rappers, as well as threats against real gangsters which only continues the cycle of violence. And yet he says in "White Man'z World":
It ain't them that's killin' us, it's us that's killin' us
It's not them knockin' us off, it's us that's knockin' us off

Bullshyt in Makaveli interviews? You need to listen again...
He claims he got Dr. Dre pushed off of Deathrow. Most people would agree that Dr. Dre left because he didn't want to be in a hostile environment anymore where his label co-owner is forcing him to give up tracks to a new artist. Suge Knight didn't want to let Dr. Dre go. He had three of the top artists in hip-hop: Dre, Snoop, and 2pac. Why would Suge allow 2pac to kick out a proven money maker and the #1 producer at the time?

I'm not no dumb-ass muthafukka. I don't bang for the color or the land. It's for the principles, for the honor. I'm banging for the Wesside. It's in my heart. When I be throwing up the W, it ain't for California, it's a W for war.

But he was banging for a color like a "dumb-ass muthafukka" because even dudes from MOB Piru admit he was put on. He was yelling out "MOB" all over his later tracks. He jumped a Compton Crip with his new Piru buddies.

I'm at a point where I'm in charge. I don't have to answer to anybody; I'm in total control.

He wasn't in total control. He wasn't even in charge of his own finances. He had to answer to Suge Knight.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
Easy Moe Bee says Biggie thought some of the beats on MATW were his :pachaha: (Temptations and If I Die Tonight)

On the twentieth anniversary week of Me Against The World, Easy Mo Bee discusses producing songs on the Tupac album.
“We recorded a big batch of songs,” Easy Mo Bee says during an interview with RevoltTV. “He did one of the smartest things in the world to take the ‘Temptations’ and ‘If I Die Tonight’ and put that on Me Against The World. He takes ‘Straight Ballin,’ he throw that on Thug Life album. These are all songs that I did.”

A listening session on the set of Shakur’s film Above The Rim led to the creation of the “Temptations” record.
“I went to Rucker Park where he was filming Above The Rim, went into the trailer,” Easy Mo Bee says. “I played them one joint that I already made. That track ended up being ‘Temptations. And for all the beat makers, all the producers who know…it was ‘Computer Love’ filtered, just the bass frequencies. Then I’m drumming it up on top. Then I’m laying some keys.”

Easy Mo Bee says he first met Shakur in conjunction with a Big Daddy Kane performance held at Madison Square Garden.
“I’m walking in the long hallway and we gettin’ closer,” Easy Mo Bee says. “The closer he got, he pointed, ‘Yo, I was lookin for you.’ I was kinda fresh, new and green in the business. [In] '89 I had just did Kane [produced on Big Daddy Kane's It's A Big Daddy Thing album] after that The Genius [Words From The Genius] album, some remixes in between and then I worked on that Miles Davis [Doo-Bop] album. He had just done the Juice movie.”
Easy Mo Bee describes the exchange as he recalls the encounter.
“I was like, ‘What you want from me?’” Easy Mo Bee says. “[Shakur] said, ‘I like the stuff you did on Big’s album [The Notorious B.I.G.'s Ready To Die]. I love that ‘Party And Bullshyt.’ When he said that I was bugging because he’s from the West Coast. They got a whole different vibe.”

The Notorious B.I.G. was reportedly expecting those tracks for himself.
“He stood next to me and said, ‘Mo, you’re wrong. You know you were supposed give me them 'Pac joints,'” Easy says. “[Biggie said], ‘You know nothing gets passed me.'”
Easy shoulda been like "The GOAT needed em" :manny:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On Young nikkas, Pac tell hood kids coming of age thru the trial and tribulation of this fukked

up society, that instead of selling rocks on the block; be accountants or Johnny Cohran:blessed:

Meanwhile, today rap nikkas glamourize Kingpins doing Jupiter numbers, instead of

shouting out real Entrepreneur GOATs like Al Haymon in their raps. Just another testament of why :pachaha: is Hip-Hop's GOAT Pantheon:salute:

...Sidebar, bumping MATW OT on business, as an adult now, makes the cypher complete:ahh:

Last edited:

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
"Cemetary full of adversaries that I had to bury,
I broke the law and they jaw all in the same flurry"

Before I close my eyes I fantasize I'm livin' well
When I awake and realize I'm just a prisoner in hell

Just as well, cause in my cell I'm keepin' pictures of these b*stards
Exercisin', visualizin', everyone inside a casket
Picture me blasted, surrounded by nikkas in masks
Sent with the task to harass and murder my ass
Will I last? Heaven or Hell? Freedom or jail?
shyt's hard, who can you tell? And if we fail?
High speeds, and Thai weed on the freeway

When will they learn to take it easy? Uh
Drive-bys and nikkas die, murder without a motive
By makin' motherfukkers fry
Got me runnin' from these coward-ass crooked-ass cops
Helicopters tryna hover over nikkas 'til we drop
Got no time for the courts, my only thought is open fire
Hit the district attorney, but fukk that bytch, cause she's a liar
Now it's time to expire, I see the judge, spray the bytch
"Motherfukkers is crooked," is what I scream, and hit the fence
I commence to get wicked, spittin' rounds as the plot thickens
Never missin', an early grave is my only mission