Meal prep thread

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I want to start something for meal inspiration and short quick recipes. Feel free to add on!

My breakfasts look like this:

Calorie count (w/honey): ~270 per cup; ~250 without per cup

Strawberries
Blackberries
Greek yogurt
Old-fashioned oats (dry)
Honey (optional)

I scoop the yogurt into the bowl, then layer on the oats and finally top of off with the berries. Drizzle honey if desired.

2q0vo9c.jpg

Last edited:

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
To count calories I use the MyFitnessPal app, and today is a no-exercise day so we’ll just count straight meals as all I did for the day.

For a snack I had cole slaw from ShopRite, which clocks me at 180 calories for a cup-this is slightly less but I don’t mind lowering my avail cals for the rest of the day.

29f9ksl.jpg

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Made this which will serve as a big lunch and light dinner Monday (l to r): repurposed some fried chicken tenders w/salad (grape tomatoes, trio color chips, corn cut off from the boiled cob) and a baked sweet potato (375 for ~25 mins) and cauliflower and broccoli (boiled for 5 mins, sautéd in natural juices for 3 to get some of the moisture out). Cal count tomorrow. It may last me longer than two meals but we’ll see.

Sweet potato: 114 cals
cauli/broccoli mix: 50 cals
salad: 50 cals + Italian dressing, 65
chicken tenders (fried): 129 cals/tender

1zn4i01.jpg

Last edited:

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
So I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow at BJ's, it'll be my meat haul (THAT's WHAT SHE SAID) and my budget is set to $55-$75 max for a hopefully 3 week supply.

I have the following starches/grains, so I'll try to make something with these:

Quinoa and Brown rice
Sweet potatoes
One bag of Yellow Rice

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I try to go with nuts nuts and more nuts and some fruit for snacks, although I still have my chips. Blew right past my budget to $160 but I got a LOT of seafood and heat and eat stuff, which I’m guessing has a good bit of sodium. My favorite purchases from this haul are some lobster tails I got, 4 for $28 and these really good bourbon-marinated salmon (sugar).

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
MFP is an incredible resource.

But don't bother tracking exercise. It's a fools errand. Figure out your macros and TDEE based on your typical activity level. Test a number for a couple weeks and see if the scale changes. Trying to find exact calories burned during a workout, and using that to decide on what/how much to eat isn't going to work out long term.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
MFP is an incredible resource.

But don't bother tracking exercise. It's a fools errand. Figure out your macros and TDEE based on your typical activity level. Test a number for a couple weeks and see if the scale changes. Trying to find exact calories burned during a workout, and using that to decide on what/how much to eat isn't going to work out long term.

I use it to gauge my hunger levels, so I log it for consistency purposes, take progress pics and see if I’m hitting or going over my cal recommendation on those days when I go hard and where I slipped for my weight reading. I know it’s not precise but my trackers are good. So if it adds another 300-400 cals to what I can eat for the day it makes the diff between me having a sleeve of crackers w/ cheese or a salmon burger.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you eat your salmon burger? I had one and treated it like a regular hamburger and that wasn’t working too well.

How do you eat/dress yours?

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Whole Foods just came in the clutch with their chopped kale and brussels sprouts mixes. Gonna be doing my own homemade CAVA for lunch :wow:

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
tumblr_n8t5lqdimD1sgjse9o1_12801-731x1024.jpg

I've been getting more and more drawn to this type of meal for lunches.

Grains + Greens + Protein.

Nigerian cuisine does a lot of rice. I think jollof rice + the greens in the picture + beans + animal protein can serve as a good base for my lunches moving forward.

Just got back on this wave for lunches at home and work. Have you seen a change in your physique from eating like this?