Men with daughters how did you handle public restrooms?

isisleo86

All Star
Daps
I'm just curious how it's handled from a parenting standpoint. For men with daughters, as they were potty trained how did you handle them going into public restrooms if you were out alone with them? I'm talking daughters between ages of 2-5. Would you go into the women's restroom with them or let her go into the stalls in the men's bathroom? This is if a business didn't have one of those "family" or private (one toilet) restrooms. I ask because when I was out with my nephew I'd be concerned with having him in the men's room alone (around 4/5) so I'd have him in the women's bathroom, until he got bigger. Women don't have an issue with young boys in our bathrooms.

I saw a news story where a boy told his mom a man tried to touch him when he went to the men's bathroom. She was using the women's bathroom. I think the boy was 6 or 7. With a son you can go with him but a little girl can be more difficult. Would you ask a strange woman to accompany her in the restroom, or do you stand outside until she comes out?

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
At first I took her into the men but that shyt is fukking nasty. I just started going in the woman's. Most females don't care and will end up striking up a conversation with you about your daughter. Plus nowadays I see all sexs in each other's bathrooms. In 2004 when I had my daughter it wasn't like that. But only the old white females tripped or gave bad looks. Everyone else understand what's going on.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
As parents i cant stress the need to viligant everywhere you go because there's predators potentially lurking everywhere.

When I'm wit my niece now that she's 7, I'll let her go into the women restroom alone, but i keep in constant contact by shouting out to her making sure everything is ok. I also keep an eye out for anyone coming out of the womens restroom looking strange or out of place.

Due to work, I've come across a few incidents where kids have been molested in restrooms by predators who having been waiting inside while the parents may have been out of the immediate area.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
As parents i cant stress the need to viligant everywhere you go because there's predators potentially lurking everywhere.

When I'm wit my niece now that she's 7, I'll let her go into the women restroom alone, but i keep in constant contact by shouting out to her making sure everything is ok. I also keep an eye out for anyone coming out of the womens restroom looking strange or out of place.

Due to work, I've come across a few incidents where kids have been molested in restrooms by predators who having been waiting inside while the parents may have been out of the immediate area.
Yeah 7 is old enough to let her do her thing. My ex wife had talks about strangers and molestation when she was young AF. She didn't say no no spots and all that shyt. We came to an agreement that we would be straight up with our kids. We used the actual terms of the private parts and put her up on game about weirdos in the world. Now that she's older she's like a support system for her young fragile friends. But yeah 7 is old enough and you're right it's important to be super Vigilant in public places

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
My oldest is 7 and she goes to the women’s restroom alone while I stand outside. I think i’m being overprotective when I do that, but better safe than sorry. Eventually i’ll let her handle that all by herself.
You not being over perfective fam. You're being a good Dad.