MICHAEL JORDAN COULD HAVE BEEN THE GREATEST POINT GUARD OF ALL TIME....

PremierDaTruth

Oh well.
Daps
Glad I got to witness the goat win his final 2 rings even though I was only 7-8 years old I watched everyone of those finals games

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Ridiculousness :wow:

That play at 3:50 when he saved the ball going out of bounds by just palming it on the fly. :dwillhuh:

The play at 7:56 where he got popped in the nuts and crumpled to the ground, but when his 10th rebound came to him a few seconds later he was off to the races like nothing happened. :mjlol:

GOAT :wow:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Watching the first video, and I can't help but notice the ball movement, spacing, hitting open shots, and most importantly......playing full court defense and trapping. Oscar was right about something....these coaches are very lazy when it comes to coaching defense. Just score and run back to your 3 point line an wait to get pick and rolled.
Honestly, there's more ground to cover in today's game. All the threes being shot today expands the ground a defense has to cover and wears guys down quicker. It's easier to trap a team with Vern Fleming at the point :rudy: than all the studs at PG in today's game. Guys like Chris Paul, John Wall, Westbrook, etc. would torch that type of play.

Daps
Watching the first video, and I can't help but notice the ball movement, spacing, hitting open shots, and most importantly......playing full court defense and trapping. Oscar was right about something....these coaches are very lazy when it comes to coaching defense. Just score and run back to your 3 point line an wait to get pick and rolled.
He's not right about shyt.

He's completely off the mark - he's either ignorant to how far defensive schemes have come or ignorant because he doesn't watch enough games.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember Kobe had a couple 13, 15 assist games 3 years ago. I thought he could have been a great pg if he wanted to as well.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not right about shyt.

He's completely off the mark - he's either ignorant to how far defensive schemes have come or ignorant because he doesn't watch enough games.

Why such venom towards the OG???? It's funny to me that on the levels where more set plays and different variations of offense is ran (high school and college), full court presses and traps are still employed. What exactly makes pick and roll offense so unique to scheme against?

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
You wouldn't understand because you don't watch basketball

:coffee:
You're basically arguing that a defensive scheme that was designed to neutralize a single player by packing the paint, double teaming and switching (in effect leaving other players open) would be effective against teams full of players that can shoot from distance. That is retarded.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're basically arguing that a defensive scheme that was designed to neutralize a single player by packing the paint, double teaming and switching (in effect leaving other players open) would be effective against teams full of players that can shoot from distance. That is retarded.
That's not what I said.
And that's not what the Jordan rules were.

Man you kids from this era have the WOAT understanding of sports

:snoop: