Michael Jordan: "Detroit Pistons tried to hurt me"

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This whole bad boy shyt has to stop. They were not fukkin up Jordan like y'all make it out. Jordan used to get to the rim with ease at times no contact. Go watch MJ 3 playoff series against the Pistons. Those games were not extremely physical at all

Just watch the 1st 2 minutes

Dudes exaggerate everything from back in the day.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
MJ CRIED TO STERN.

NONE of the other players did. They were undercut too. They were knocked around by the Pistons too yet didn't cry to Stern.

NONE.

You have not deconstructed any of my points other than being ok with MJ crying to Stern. Good for you....but to me, it opened the door to the pussification of the league and how the game is called

Because Stern doesn't read the papers? Complaining like Magic did went to Stern, he knew what he was doing. And again the rules needed to be changed , Pistons took a wrinkle and took it too far. Hence flagrant fouls, kudos for MJ for doing it the right way by going to Stern with his complaints, instead of crying to the refs all game like LeBron. In addition, he prepared himself if Stern didn't act by bulking up.

And promptly bested the Pistons in 4 games and nothing to do with the rule change.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
This whole bad boy shyt has to stop. They were not fukkin up Jordan like y'all make it out. Jordan used to get to the rim with ease at times no contact. Go watch MJ 3 playoff series against the Pistons. Those games were not extremely physical at all

Just watch the 1st 2 minutes

Bullshyt, no one is saying it was arch rivals but Pistons were making several non basketball plays

And tbh, the year Jordan won wasn't because of the flagrant fouls rule, he won't because they were always the better team, pippin migraine fukked them the year prior

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Because Stern doesn't read the papers? Complaining like Magic did went to Stern, he knew what he was doing. And again the rules needed to be changed , Pistons took a wrinkle and took it too far. Hence flagrant fouls, kudos for MJ for doing it the right way by going to Stern with his complaints, instead of crying to the refs all game like LeBron. In addition, he prepared himself if Stern didn't act by bulking up.

And promptly bested the Pistons in 4 games and nothing to do with the rule change.
Again...you're advocating for MJ going to the commish. That's on you...just know that NO ONE else back then cried to commissioner and the papers that Pistons were bad for the game and their style of play should be banished. Everyone else found a way to adjust on the court...MJ went to Secaucus and cried to Stern.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Bullshyt, no one is saying it was arch rivals but Pistons were making several non basketball plays

And tbh, the year Jordan won wasn't because of the flagrant fouls rule, he won't because they were always the better team, pippin migraine fukked them the year prior
I'm not saying u, but people act like every time MJ went to the rim he got punished with no foul called. Or he was struggling to score because of Joe D. It's so funny to me MJ still a avg 30 shooting 50%. This narrative is the funniest thing in sports imo

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
them detroit pistons aint nothing to fukk with. That squad had goons, the only team that made it close was early 90s knicks when they had mason, oakley, x-man. They made scottie shook as hell :mjlol:

michael-jordan-xavier-mcdaniel.gif

MJ got so pissed off he told his agent to get X-Man the fukk outta NY :laff:
my pops used to stan the hell outa the X-Man :mjlol:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
who the fukk are you? LOL@it didn't bother me as a Lakers fan. who cares? you were what 35 back then, who cares what an old head thinks.

You conveniently forget about this though

the whole league complained about the Pistons, it wasn't just Jordan. THis revisionist history is disgusting. The league changed the rules because the Pistons were the less talented team and were getting wins by playing non-basketball physicality that they didn't want other teams to emulate. period.

:what::dahell:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Again...you're advocating for MJ going to the commish. That's on you...just know that NO ONE else back then cried to commissioner and the papers that Pistons were bad for the game and their style of play should be banished. Everyone else found a way to adjust on the court...MJ went to Secaucus and cried to Stern.

We can speculate if others went to Stern or not, as the best player in the league he should be allowed to have a rational discussion regarding non-basketball plays .

The thing is I dont know what your beef is...

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I'm not saying u, but people act like every time MJ went to the rim he got punished with no foul called. Or he was struggling to score because of Joe D. It's so funny to me MJ still a avg 30 shooting 50%. This narrative is the funniest thing in sports imo

That's the thing, Jordan still went to the rim hard as fukk, the flagrant fouls rule change didn't have an outcome on the 90-91 team it was just that time for Jordan to take over.

The complaints made by Jordan for non-basketball fouls were reasonable requests