Michael Jordan: "Detroit Pistons tried to hurt me"

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

And that's without Twitter tracking his every move like Lebron.

do you even know what a flop is?

these are offensive fouls , they literally teach you to go with the momentum of the player charging so you don't get called for the block.

the first vid, he clearly got hit and hurt and recovered...and was still reeling after the play, which of course the video cuts it off so you can't see it. the guy took an elbow, sucked it up, manned up, and made a play for his team. Lebron would have quit...like he did against Boston, Mavs, and GSW

i'm done with this thread...I've Lebron fall down without any contact from a PG, then go down the next play and dunk through the entire team.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
who the fukk are you? LOL@it didn't bother me as a Lakers fan. who cares? you were what 35 back then, who cares what an old head thinks.

You conveniently forget about this though

the whole league complained about the Pistons, it wasn't just Jordan. THis revisionist history is disgusting. The league changed the rules because the Pistons were the less talented team and were getting wins by playing non-basketball physicality that they didn't want other teams to emulate. period.

Magic then went on to legislate things ON THE COURT.

Did he cry to Stern and say the Pistons were bad for basketball and their brand of play should be banished from the league? :dahell:

You're not very well rounded in closing out discussions.

This is called legislating the game on the court:

That used to be the rule of thumb. Everyone took it into their own hands. MJ was the one who bytched out and took it to the commish yet here you are acting like it's one and the same.

fukk outta here

Derekjackson2

Banned
Daps

Did he cry to Stern and say the Pistons were bad for basketball and their brand of play should be banished from the league? :dahell:

That used to be the rule of thumb. Everyone took it into their own hands. MJ was the one who bytched out and took it to the commish yet here you are acting like it's one and the same.

fukk outta here

That was exactly what the league & David stern did not want. The NBA cleaned up the drug culture & fighting to push baseball & boxing down the ladder. The NBA don't care who wins as long as the money is made. Jordan didn't call any shots. Jordan fought with Krause & Reindorf every year about money. Nike paid jordan. Jordan retired & the league got bigger. White people are court side paying big bucks so do you think they want to see black guys fight.

NYC Rebel

Daps
That was exactly what the league & David stern did not want. The NBA cleaned up the drug culture & fighting to push baseball & boxing down the ladder. The NBA don't care who wins as long as the money is made. Jordan didn't call any shots. Jordan fought with Krause & Reindorf every year about money. Nike paid jordan. Jordan retired & the league got bigger. White people are court side paying big bucks so do you think they want to see black guys fight.
That drug culture was killed in the late 70s. I don't want to hear all that. The NBA was doing fine and yes, MJ did call the shots because the league wasn't making money off his merchandising....Nike was. So they handed MJ the keys because they could only splurge off the viewership he brought.

I don't give a fukk about the white gaze shyt you're on. Players were big boy enough to police themselves until Jordan cried to Stern.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Each year you could see the difference. He kept getting bigger, and balder lol

It helped him become a master in the post. I remember reading about how Tim Grover wanted to make sure Jordan had extra strength in his legs, for his foundation and to better establish position in the post

buying that book now :wow:

:salute: for putting me on to some new reading.

maybe there's some tips to help me dominate in my over-30 saturday/sunday league :flabbynsick:

*edit*
also copping this one, it's supposed to be one of the best books about him

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
How is Jordan a c00n? :jbhmm:

exactly bruh, these smart-dumb nikkas been running with that same tired ass narrative ever since they found out he wouldn't take a picture with Chamilionaire and they believe that urban legend that he invests in prisons(turns out it was a white dude with the same name but they don't wanna hear that shyt)

there is absolutely no evidence to support that claim. nikkas just like being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian even when confronted with new information that contradicts their world view :heh:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
buying that book now :wow:

:salute: for putting me on to some new reading.

maybe there's some tips to help me dominate in my over-30 saturday/sunday league :flabbynsick:

*edit*
also copping this one, it's supposed to be one of the best books about him

I haven't read those, but I read quite a few others (Jordan Rules, Second Coming, Blood on the Horns, One Last Shot). They're pretty interesting, and sometimes funny.

Apparently Jordan's ex-wife used to date Reggie Theus, so Jordan would get extra hyped to play against him and try to kick his ass worse than most opponents.

One of the main objectives of the strength training was to lengthen his career because of the wear-and-tear on his body. Some of his teammates thought he was nuts to do anything different, they said it was like messing with perfection, and Jordan was like "look at what the Pistons are doing to me when I take it to the hoop"

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

fukk outta here

so you din't see the all the videos i posted of MJ doing this also? There's way more videos of MJ standing up for himself then there are of Magic. Magic and Isiah were friends, MJ and Isiah weren't and they went after MJ like they wanted to hurt him.

SMH you're just a bush league hypocrite

lol@crying to STern because you didn't want to be undercut in the air and have guys trying to fight because they couldn't beat you with skill.

So you're saying the flagrant foul wasn't good for basketball? How did that stop the Pistons from beating the Bulls?

NYC Rebel

Daps
so you din't see the all the videos i posted of MJ doing this also? There's way more videos of MJ standing up for himself then there are of Magic. Magic and Isiah were friends, MJ and Isiah weren't and they went after MJ like they wanted to hurt him.

SMH you're just a bush league hypocrite

lol@crying to STern because you didn't want to be undercut in the air and have guys trying to fight because they couldn't beat you with skill.

So you're saying the flagrant foul wasn't good for basketball? How did that stop the Pistons from beating the Bulls?
MJ CRIED TO STERN.

NONE of the other players did. They were undercut too. They were knocked around by the Pistons too yet didn't cry to Stern.

NONE.

You have not deconstructed any of my points other than being ok with MJ crying to Stern. Good for you....but to me, it opened the door to the pussification of the league and how the game is called

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
This whole bad boy shyt has to stop. They were not fukkin up Jordan like y'all make it out. Jordan used to get to the rim with ease at times no contact. Go watch MJ 3 playoff series against the Pistons. Those games were not extremely physical at all

Just watch the 1st 2 minutes

Last edited: