Michael Jordan: "Detroit Pistons tried to hurt me"

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps
Bird still hates Laimbeer:russ:

Laimbeer has to have the most punchable face in NBA history. Committing all these dirty fouls and doing his whiny "what did I do?" faces, looking like a toddler who was sent to his room.

Then a couple games later came the payback (the same game of the famous steal by Bird of Isiah's inbound pass)

Yeah he was constantly acting hurt and innocent. He would put most heels in pro wrestling to shame.

Derekjackson2

Banned
Daps
Most people don't remember that the NBA finals were shown on tape delay before the magic-bird era. NBA wanted to clean up the sport for sponsorship. White America didn't support the NBA like they do now so the rough play was toned down. It benefited jordan but the NBA did it for ratings.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Jordan also ran to the commissioner to have them change how the game was called because of the Pistons.

Too bad the internet wasn't around to skewer him.

They didn`t give us any credit,`` said Dennis Rodman. ``All they did was complain the whole time: `You`re bad for basketball, (the Pistons)

shouldn`t even be here.` Why doesn`t he buy the team? He has all the money. This team`s worth about $200 million. Why doesn`t he buy it and change the organization if he`s that good?

``They still haven`t proved anything,`` added Rodman. ``They`ve got to win about five or six championships before they`re a great team.

``Detroit`s been very successful with their style and other teams tried to copy it because they were successful, and that`s not good for the game.

``We`ve taken the Good Boy image and walked away,`` Jordan added. ``We may have complained about it and told the teacher, or whatever, but we never tried to lower ourselves to that level. We didn`t lose our cool or our heads. We maintained our poise.``

you're gonna compare guys literally going out of their way to hurt people and fight to Lebron complaints about hand checking?

you guys are full of it...yeah Jordan complained about the BAD BOY PISTONS. 1 team, because they were out there just trying to hurt people.

and he didn't ask to be traded to a superteam, he just took his team and whooped there asses

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
you're gonna compare guys literally going out of their way to hurt people and fight to Lebron complaints about hand checking?

you guys are full of it...yeah Jordan complained about the BAD BOY PISTONS. 1 team, because they were out there just trying to hurt people.

and he didn't ask to be traded to a superteam, he just took his team and whooped there asses
Jordan literally did what people claim Lebron would do. He whined and cried until the league changed its rules so that you couldn't breathe on him without a foul. :laff:

Like I said, Jordan is lucky he didn't play in the social media era or fake legacy woulda been exposed. No wonder his dikkridders hate Lebron so much. :lolbron:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Did...I....mention....Lebron? :mindblown:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I don't think a lot of younger brehs realize how much more physical the NBA was back then. Theres shyt that happens these days that gets a nikka a flagrant that wasn't even called back then

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
I don't think a lot of younger brehs realize how much more physical the NBA was back then. Theres shyt that happens these days that gets a nikka a flagrant that wasn't even called back then
Nobody believes that:flabbynsick: narrative anymore.

THIS is what passed for a flagrant back in the day? Lebron woulda powered through that and got the and 1.

Jordan flopped and lays on the ground like a bytch. Jordan stans stay projecting. :mjgrin:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Jordan literally did what people claim Lebron would do. He whined and cried until the league changed its rules so that you couldn't breathe on him without a foul. :laff:

Like I said, Jordan is lucky he didn't play in the social media era or fake legacy woulda been exposed. No wonder his dikkridders hate Lebron so much. :lolbron:

that never happened...sitting around allowing people to undercut one another , throwing elbows and literally just trying to fight on court, isn't basketball.

Jordan didn't get any rules established, they came back and won against the Bad Boy Pistons not because of any rule changes and Rodman even said, they weren't changing their style of play and Jordan came back and crushed their hopes and dreams again.