Michael Jordan: "What is a Rakim? Is that hard rap?"

Offthegrid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mj country as hell lol mj is 52-53 so back in da 80s he been set in his ways alot of 50yr old black men his age probably wasnt into hiphop back then my uncles our his age and i never heard of them talking about or listening to hiphop rap music growing up around them just crazy how his image is the blueprint for rap look at jayz he thinks he is da mj of rap. But you gotta realize the crack era mj and hiphop tookoff at the same time shyt was crazy in the 80s

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
hes in my moms age group, 6 years younger than her and i dont think there is any amount of money you could pay her to listen to rap...

When Mike was in the NBA wrecking sh!t, he had to be around a bunch of dudes that was listening to 80's rap staples like Rakim, NWA and KRS and even 90's staples like Nas, Scarface, Wu and 2Pac. Not saying that should automatically make him a rap fan, but I still find it funny that a dude who's career and clothing played, and still plays, such a HUGE part in our culture, doesn't like the music at all.

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Michael Jordan is from Brooklyn.

And that South sh!t doesn't really mean anything either.

1. Hip Hop is large in the South.

2. Hip Hop was large in the South when Mike was in his teens and early NBA days. Mike's not that old. I'm sure in college he was around dudes that did nothing but play hip hop.

Cats in here acting like Mike is some old ass 70 year old cat from Mississippi.

Again, I still know that that doesn't automatically should make him a rap fan, but I still find it funny.

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wonders if dude even acknowledge that LL was rocking his first pair of Jordans on the back of the Radio album

LL-Cool-J-Radio-AIFF-BACK.jpg

probably not:mjlol:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I see what you're saying but there's a bunch of ballers that played with Mike, round his age, that love hip hop music. I just find it funny that his sneakers is huge in our culture and it's history and that he doesn't even fvck with the music at all.

He's definitely on his :mjpls: but I'm not surprised because of his age & where he group up at. If his family stayed in Brooklyn then he'd know exactly who the pioneers were & know Rakim

Last edited: