Mike B Jordan really cant act.....

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Denzel didnt do Malcolm either,its pretty obvious most of you havent watched as much video of Malcolm as me:henbron:.Jamie Foxx BECAME Ray Charles,Will even became Ali more than Denzel became Malcolm,though his interpretation wasnt that great either.Yall are just talking and it always comes back to the Glory tear.We are talking range,in terms of the range discussion Denzels range doesnt far exceed Michael B's.Doesnt mean Denzel isnt a much better actor within that range.

Another trash ass post. Stop self ethering yourself.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Another trash ass post. Stop self ethering yourself.

Show me an example of Denzel "becoming Malcolm" in that movie?you cant so result to insults.ive watched so much Malcolm,heard so much Malcolm you cant tell me shyt:henbron:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Show me an example of Denzel "becoming Malcolm" in that movie?you cant so result to insults.ive watched so much Malcolm,heard so much Malcolm you cant tell me shyt:henbron:

What does that even mean? You’ve already made your mind up with a predetermined opinion what good would showing you do? You don’t think he did a good job. Millions of others did including individuals who nominated him for numerous awards including an Oscar. But then you say some shyt like his range isn’t far from Jordan. nikka please. Denzel could make you laugh, cry, be tense, serious, etc. Jordan has never shown any ability outside his tough guy mean pouty face trope. Which he does a poor job at in most of his flicks

Benefited

Banned
Daps
What does that even mean? You’ve already made your mind up with a predetermined opinion what good would showing you do? You don’t think he did a good job. Millions of others did including individuals who nominated him for numerous awards including an Oscar. But then you say some shyt like his range isn’t far from Jordan. nikka please. Denzel could make you laugh, cry, be tense, serious, etc. Jordan has never shown any ability outside his tough guy mean pouty face trope. Which he does a poor job at in most of his flicks

I like Denzel in everything he does because he always puts on a great performance. But that doesn't mean that he "became Malcolm" like alot of people like to say. Thats a strong statement to make having seen actors almost literally become people they are playing in biopics. I can't say Denzel did THAT,but his performance was great as usual. I think Michael B Jordan can do all those things you said personally,pretty sure the death of Wallace had nikkas jaws clenched,plus some moments in Creed 1:francis:. Millions of other individuals have said Michael B is a great actor,but you are saying otherwise and it should be held as gospel. Like I said there hasn't been much range in the types of movies he's done,hollywood blockbusters not exactly meant to make you cry or be that strong emotionally:comeon:. Faulting him for not showing all the range you desire in these types of movies is nonsense.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yo this nikka needs acting lessons ASAP......half the theater was giggling when his emotional scenes were on in Creed:mjlol:

My nikka suspect when it come to the range....smh

He was shaky in that fireman movie too....
He has never been anything more than an OK actor.
Dude hasn't progressed from Wallace at all.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I like Denzel in everything he does because he always puts on a great performance. But that doesn't mean that he "became Malcolm" like alot of people like to say. Thats a strong statement to make having seen actors almost literally become people they are playing in biopics. I can't say Denzel did THAT,but his performance was great as usual. I think Michael B Jordan can do all those things you said personally,pretty sure the death of Wallace had nikkas jaws clenched,plus some moments in Creed 1:francis:. Millions of other individuals have said Michael B is a great actor,but you are saying otherwise and it should be held as gospel. Like I said there hasn't been much range in the types of movies he's done,hollywood blockbusters not exactly meant to make you cry or be that strong emotionally:comeon:. Faulting him for not showing all the range you desire in these types of movies is nonsense.
Denzel got Malcolm's cadence and speaking style down though.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Denzel got Malcolm's cadence and speaking style down though.

This is where we disagree,there was some slim intent there to capture it. But i wouldnt say he got it down though.Keep in mind im comparing this to other biopoc performances where people really became the person they were playing,and really sounded like that person.There would be 0 confusion of who was who,if you only had audio. I liked the performance of ol boy who played Eazy E in the SOC biopic,whether or not he "became Eazy E" is another question,based on what i saw of Eazy i would say no he did not. Note,people were also saying he deserved awards too. People mostly only care how you made them feel when it comes to performances,Denzel is great at that and always will be. MBJ made me feel when i was supposed to in Creed and Black Panther.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of MBJ's masculinity and presence is tied up in his physique though. Denzel, DeNiro, Pacino - those great actors can do it through on-screen presence and delivery, where MBJ really lacks IMO. Dude's just not subtle in acting. Denzel became Malcolm X. Became Alonzo. Would you trust MBJ to play those types of larger than life people / characters?
Bolded is it.

You can see him going through the motiimoin his head "Aight time to be menacing" *menacing grin*

Otherwise he's just two note, but he does those 2 notes really well

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
What can Denzel do that Michael B can't. I think some of you want some whiny european styled crybaby nikkas. That is not what Michael B or Denzel are here for,they are here to play masculine male leads who at times show vulnerablity. And because they are so masculine it impacts the viewer to see them in vulnerable states. But Denzel is mostly Denzel,he is calm and powerful,or intense and powerful. Michael B is a great actor in my book.
JUs terrible opinions here nothing but emotional ramble

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Where?you can't be talking about me:comeon:.

All you fools have to do is point me to which movies on his IMDB where you wanted to see him put on a acting clinic:mjlol:? He has a relatively short career as an actor on the big screen,and most of the movies he has been in have been action movies. So let me get this straight,yall are upset he wasn't putting on Oscar worthy performances when he was on T.v?although he was pretty good as Wallace irrc. Or are you upset he is not putting on Oscar worthy performances in Fantastic 4,Creed,Black Panther,Chronichle.

Thats the equivelant of me expecting Robert Downey and Will Smith to bring me to tears in there roles as Tony Stark,or WIll as Deadshot,ridiculous. Whats hard to understand about the fact you aren't going to see a actors full range in a action blockbuster,popcorn flick?

And with me saying all that,he was able to drop a Glory tear,and still manages to outdo greater actors in these same types of films,like I said:henbron:. He showed more range than Lupita and Chadwick who so far have shown to be better actors in BP. I don't see any of you saying there acting sucked when they could have been better

his acting career has been much shorter other than yall are pretending,with not as much oppurtunity to show as much range as you might like,but under the circumstances of the roles he's taken,he's been great so far.

No one is asking for him to put on Oscar worthy performances, simply be convincing, when he needs to reach for various emotions, those scenes don’t hit. Black panther he came off as nice kid trying to be bad, nothing felt genuine in his performance, not one time did I feel the pain, rage or frustration a person in his role would have - that role is easy to judge as many AA’s upcarry that frustration of being on bottom. He facial expressions are those I’d make when reenacting a scene, not those of an actor who is supposed to be the character. He’s not trash, but he’s extremely limited, nothing wrong with admitting that while still enjoying his movies.