Millennials Are Set To Inherit As Much As $90 trillion in assets before 2044

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H

Millennials stand to become the richest generation in history, after $90 trillion wealth transfer​

By Anna Bahney, CNN
3 minute read
Published 8:00 AM EST, Fri March 1, 2024

Millennials are set to inherit as much as $90 trillion in assets before 2044, a new report shows.

Millennials are set to inherit as much as $90 trillion in assets before 2044, a new report shows.
Westend61/Getty Images

Washington, DCCNN —
Many millennials are currently grasping in frustration at long-held American Dreams like homeownership, a steady job and an affordable cost of living. However, over the next twenty years, Millennials are poised to inherit some $90 trillion of assets and become the richest generation in history – but only the ones who already come from affluent families, potentially deepening wealth inequality further.
Between now and 2044 in the US, the Silent Generation and Baby Boomers are expected to hand over the reins of their significant wealth to Millennials, according to The Wealth Report, a periodic report from global property consultant Knight Frank.
But whether you’re a Millennial on the receiving end of that wealth transfer is largely a lottery of birth.

ADVERTISING

Ultimately, this wealth shift is a result of inheritance from prior generations, largely involving property but also other assets. It will bring “seismic” changes to how wealth is put to use, said Liam Bailey, global head of research at Knight Frank, in a statement.
The research also showed that affluent young people are less likely to see property or real estate as a way to build wealth in the future

:wow:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you don’t want to buy real estate, stocks, or build a business, at least get a sizable life insurance policy on your self for your children. Even if you don’t have kids, get one anyway and leave something to charity that takes care of kids.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
No matter how useless and slack the current generation of Gen Z cacs are, they'll easily survive the next generation with inheritance wealth such as homes, properties, assets, stocks, cash, bonds and their folks investments while Black kids left nothing are forced to scrape and scrounge to survive into old age.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
This is what you're concerned about?
What does an inheritance mean when 75% of your life is gone vs an actual stage of life where growth and freedom is more achievable and malleable? You've already been working for other people for 30-40 years and the benefit of inheritance is greatly diminished.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
What does an inheritance mean when 75% of your life is gone vs an actual stage of life where growth and freedom is more achievable and malleable? You've already been working for other people for 30-40 years and the benefit of inheritance is greatly diminished.
I hear you but what is the benefit of inheritance in your opinion?
Sitting on your ass at 25-30 without a care in the world?
Nah, you get an education and a career and you work your ass off
Inheritance is just a fat bonus

I have heard about rich mofos who have put all their bread in trust funds their kids can't access or inherit til they have worked (usually at the family business)for 30-40 years

50 years old is the ideal age IMO
:yeshrug: