Millennials Are Set To Inherit As Much As $90 trillion in assets before 2044

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I hear you but what is the benefit of inheritance in your opinion?
Sitting on your ass at 25-30 without a care in the world?
Nah, you get an education and a career and you work your ass off
Inheritance is just a fat bonus

I have heard about rich mofos who have put all their bread in trust funds their kids can't access or inherit til they have worked (usually at the family business)for 30-40 years

50 years old is the ideal age IMO
:yeshrug:
The benefit of an inheritance is to get that bonus at 30 get a headstart at not having to "work your ass off", especially for the next 30-35 years.

Daps
I hear you but what is the benefit of inheritance in your opinion?
Sitting on your ass at 25-30 without a care in the world?
Nah, you get an education and a career and you work your ass off
Inheritance is just a fat bonus

I have heard about rich mofos who have put all their bread in trust funds their kids can't access or inherit til they have worked (usually at the family business)for 30-40 years

50 years old is the ideal age IMO
:yeshrug:
why should one feel obligated to spend most of their fruitful years working their ass off? is that truly the core essence of living in our society?

or, is this single-minded drive of self-interest a byproduct of indoctrination that elites use to corral thought and behavior within the parameters they’ve set, thereby preventing the unwashed masses from putting their minds towards endeavors that might challenge the status quo?

:francis:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Let's say you inherit a house and $2 million at 30 years old
What's your next move?
Move in the house and invest the 2M

Rent out the house and invest the 2M

Buy a 2nd house at 500K, sell the inherited house, take all money left over and invest

Start a business if "be a boss" is important to you. Outside of this option I'd continue working where I work with a goal to not have to work by 45 instead of 65.

There's plenty of moves to be made, some I probably didn't list, that could give you financial freedom/early retirement between 40-50 instead of working all your life and what you listed with 10-20 on Earth left.

Loggie

All Star
Daps
If you don’t want to buy real estate, stocks, or build a business, at least get a sizable life insurance policy on your self for your children. Even if you don’t have kids, get one anyway and leave something to charity that takes care of kids.
I got a milli on my head. That shyt will have the buying power of 100k in 30 years. We have two houses and looking for a third so the babies will be straight.

Average house will be worth a milli within our lifetime.
:wow:
Inflation.
:damn::damn::damn:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The benefit of an inheritance is to get that bonus at 30 get a headstart at not having to "work your ass off", especially for the next 30-35 years.
Most people aren’t injecting shyt at 30 as their parents aren’t dead. Sure if you got loaded grandparents who can pass you something along with your parents, but majority of people are seeing an inheritance at 40-55, that’s still enough time to retire early, pay off a home, pay cash for your kids college, etc

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Most people aren’t injecting shyt at 30 as their parents aren’t dead. Sure if you got loaded grandparents who can pass you something along with your parents, but majority of people are seeing an inheritance at 40-55, that’s still enough time to retire early, pay off a home, pay cash for your kids college, etc
The article said Silent Gen and Boomers passing to Millennials, so this is essentially what's happening, or at least a good portion of it.

30 is young but to my point yields more benefit than the upper range presented in this timeline.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Move in the house and invest the 2M

Rent out the house and invest the 2M

Buy a 2nd house at 500K, sell the inherited house, take all money left over and invest

Start a business if "be a boss" is important to you. Outside of this option I'd continue working where I work with a goal to not have to work by 45 instead of 65.

There's plenty of moves to be made, some I probably didn't list, that could give you financial freedom/early retirement between 40-50 instead of working all your life and what you listed with 10-20 on Earth left.
There's a big possibility of losing all the inheritance making these so called "moves"