We all gonna b in those warehouses

That defeatist attitude

giphy.gif

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On some real shyt, it is our fault for those that the messages applies to. Mainly because many folks aren't being realistic. They have the bar too high when they should be aiming low. There aren't that many generation y'ers that believe in saving money like that. Look at the lifestyle choices and poor decision making. But folks REFUSE to keep it real though and say they dug themselves into a hole.

There's still people that refuse to accept the reality that you have to do what you NEED to do out here and not what you WANT. live however you WANT to live but don't come crying when reality reminds you when you have no money to pay your bills and they don't want to hear about the recession or being underemployed as an excuse. You have folks on that my parents will rescue me or someone else will. Nothing is promised tomorrow. Life or wealth.

Last edited:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy. You'll be luck to get a home for 250K where I live.

Baby Boomers had it easy...they had a house, large family, and a job with security/ unions all by the time they were early 20's. Homes were drastically cheaper around those times.

Gen Y-X started bearing the burdon and decided to save more, because baby boomers were greedy raising home cost and school costs. Hell, it's even 5x more expensive for weddings....spots change the cost at the mention of the word "wedding".

I've stopped eating out as much and not supporting large change stores cause fukk em :yeshrug: . If I spend money, it's going to younger mom and pop stores .

Both my grandfathers were high school dropouts who bought they houses straight up cash by the time they were 24-25. It was a completely different era.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I'm pretty sure taking on student loans as a way to find a job is the biggest culprit for Millennials being poorer than previous gens. On top of that is rampant materialism, which causes even more setbacks.

I don't think most Millennials are actually happy...there's just really a lack of intrigue and a lack of connection to something greater IMO.
Consumerism and materialism in the west, especially in America, is not a product of the collective by way of an technologically advanced society. They're a product of the philosophies and subsequent behaviors of corporate entities who prey on the financially vulnerable, and who use methods to exploit working class citizens who want to own more than they can afford, because they're attempting to live the average middle class life of cultural sustainability that enables them to function in today's advanced society. In other words, millennials are being fed upon by corporations who have made it their mission to exploit their position as consumers. With the way middle America is in debt...I really don't believe a true middle class exists. It exists through wage but not value. I don't think ever before have we as Americans held such a tentative position economically, to where one unplanned event can wipe us out financially and render us as lower class citizens. This country does not have infrastructure. This country lacks an economic, healthcare, educational, moral infrastructure. We can't even hold proper elections without outside interference.

I think things will get better, but it will take at least 10 years to fix most of these problems, so that we at least have a better positioning within society and the world at large. To get there we are going to have to make very tough choices that I think not many are prepared for. I think we will eventually put heavy restraints on these large cap corporations. We will also get rid of privatized health insurance, as well as cut out private loan institutions by making college free. We are going to have to lean heavily to the left to get where we want to go, and a lot of Americans don't want it that way, in particular those 65 and over. Eventually though they too will come around when they realize the extent of the damage to their cost of living and way of life. We literally need a revolution in this country. We as a people are not prepared for it, but it is what is needed to fix all of this. I'm not saying there will be any kind of violent warfare. I doubt that happens. It will be done economically and politically, through spending, public outcry and voting. Actually we are in a mini revolution now, with having Trump in power.

Anyways we need to get ready.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Consumerism and materialism in the west, especially in America, is not a product of the collective by way of an technologically advanced society. They're a product of the philosophies and subsequent behaviors of corporate entities who prey on the financially vulnerable, and who use methods to exploit working class citizens who want to own more than they can afford, because they're attempting to live the average middle class life of cultural sustainability that enables them to function in today's advanced society. In other words, millennials are being fed upon by corporations who have made it their mission to exploit their position as consumers. With the way middle America is in debt...I really don't believe a true middle class exists. It exists through wage but not value. I don't think ever before have we as Americans held such a tentative position economically, to where one unplanned event can wipe us out financially and render us as lower class citizens. This country does not have infrastructure. This country lacks an economic, healthcare, educational, moral infrastructure. We can't even hold proper elections without outside interference.

I think things will get better, but it will take at least 10 years to fix most of these problems, so that we at least have a better positioning within society and the world at large. To get there we are going to have to make very tough choices that I think not many are prepared for. I think we will eventually put heavy restraints on these large cap corporations. We will also get rid of privatized health insurance, as well as cut out private loan institutions by making college free. We are going to have to lean heavily to the left to get where we want to go, and a lot of Americans don't want it that way, in particular those 65 and over. Eventually though they too will come around when they realize the extent of the damage to their cost of living and way of life. We literally need a revolution in this country. We as a people are not prepared for it, but it is what is needed to fix all of this. I'm not saying there will be any kind of violent warfare. I doubt that happens. It will be done economically and politically, through spending, public outcry and voting. Actually we are in a mini revolution now, with having Trump in power.

Anyways we need to get ready.

We aint got 10 years fam...:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Greedy ass baby boomers fukked it up. Gen X was literally clueless. Millenials and Z inherited a pile of dog shyt. :martin:
You right about generation x being clueless...we were taught by the boomers and previous generations that u leave the house at 18 go to college or get a job and work hard and you'll be set.....that was good for them when they could go get a bill of groceries and fill up a gas guzzler for 20 bucks...buy a house for 10 gs and support a family of four on 1 income....we thought we could do that too...then when we came of age and realized that wasn't gonna be realistic for most of us...a lot of ppl in my age group are out here struggling hard with really no relief insight...and those behind us have it worse....I left home at 18 luckily I had the military and that was not reality ....once I got out and really got on my own I realized that an 18-25 yr old ain't ready for this cold world especially if you come from a low income background and have no outside support...I feel for the young ppl I really do...