Millennials, What's wrong with this generation?

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Older people love to talk about the sensitive nature and "snowflakes" that make up the current generation. Yet these are the same people who could pay their tuition for a year through a part time job, could make a living wage to support a family without a high school diploma from a factory job AND buy a house.

The current generations don't have these luxuries. They carry more of a burden than the previous generation despite the dismissive cynicism of the "back in my day"ers.

As already mentioned, the issue is that the wealth for the current generation has greatly shifted compared to the previous who had a much easier time navigating the world.

This is mostly for white people who got to enjoy the benefits of this society and then lose it.

Black people as a whole did not get to enjoy the ups before the downs as much as whites.

In our case, there are other issues that we have to deal with.
most Millenial's parents aren't baby boomers, they didn't have the luxury of being able to pay off their tuition with a part time job or any of that, so we can probably dead that lazy narrative right now.

We all know the baby boomers were a terrible generation, but they are quickly fading away. the ppl that are making the most impact, and that have the most contact with millennial's now are NOT that generation.

Ain't too many Gen Xers buying houses and working in factories with a high school diploma, ain't too many gen xers getting away with a high school diploma at all.

in fact Gen Xers took a bigger brunt than millennials...but that's neither here nor there.

let's discuss millennial's and stop deflecting.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We could have free education but baby boomers would never vote for it.
honestly, fukk free. what about just loans without interest? isnt that a reasonable, doable compromise? :yeshrug:

loan the money out, just dont tack these fukkin 7 percent rates onto it. it isnt "free college", the gov just eats the cost of loaning

i mean of course free would be nice but youre right its just never gonna happen

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, there are. Some folks are born with both/partial/misformed sex organs. Also, some folks are born with hormonal imbalances.

It is more of a spectrum than a binary categorization. An overwhelming majority fall within the male/female range, but not everyone.

Next?
:coffee:
:francis:

abnormalities, mutations and deformations don't count as a new sex bruh.
there is no "range" with biological sex.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
honestly, fukk free. what about just loans without interest? isnt that a reasonable, doable compromise? :yeshrug:

loan the money out, just dont tack these fukkin 7 percent rates onto it. it isnt "free college", the gov just eats the cost of loaning

free isn't the greatest idea, but costs ARE way to high.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
most Millenial's parents aren't baby boomers, they didn't have the luxury of being able to pay off their tuition with a part time job or any of that, so we can probably dead that lazy narrative right now.

We all know the baby boomers were a terrible generation, but they are quickly fading away. the ppl that are making the most impact, and that have the most contact with millennial's now are NOT that generation.

Ain't too many Gen Xers buying houses and working in factories with a high school diploma, ain't too many gen xers getting away with a high school diploma at all.

in fact Gen Xers took a bigger brunt than millennials...but that's neither here nor there.

let's discuss millennial's and stop deflecting.
Some these benefits lasted until the early 90s which many genXers enjoyed. Especially college which allows economic mobility. My mother was able to pay her way through college. Tuition has increased in such a short time exponentially.

As it relates to millennials and what is wrong with them, it seems your focus is on small cultural and social issues such as a gender designation. I can agree that the current generation has sensitivities, without discussing specific ones, that can be silly.

Do I think these have any real consequences in things that matter like providing for yourself and others or more serious issues like civil rights? fukk no. It's rage material for certain people and that is pretty much it.

I watched the beginning of the video and again, it seems like a lot of this shyt is white culture specific.

Many black parents aren't raising their kids the same way white people do. While he mentions (white) kids are raised being told how special they are and how they can have anything in life, black children are constantly told about the challenges and how tough life will be because they are black. While little Timmy has a parent who is at the school constantly helicopter parenting, Tyrone parents need to go to work at one of their two jobs.

So, it's weird in a way discussing this issue because you have to pretend we don't have two americas in this country.

Black millennials issue is probably not being educated ENOUGH by the previous generation about the inequalities in this society and how the "other America" thinks. Our parents probably digested too much of the "we are the world" Michael Jackson lovey Dover shyt and not enough Huey Newton.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

We pay enough in taxes to afford a free education. fukk a compromise. Our tax dollars are going to bullshyt that doesn't benefit us at all.

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
Yeah, there are. Some folks are born with both/partial/misformed sex organs. Also, some folks are born with hormonal imbalances.

It is more of a spectrum than a binary categorization. An overwhelming majority fall within the male/female range, but not everyone.

Next?
:coffee:
Those are called disorders.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Baby boomers made terrible choices that sunk the economy. Millennials became adults during a recession that has not recovered and most likely won't recover.

My question is why do people act like millennials had a say so in anything before the ship sunk?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
most Millenial's parents aren't baby boomers, they didn't have the luxury of being able to pay off their tuition with a part time job or any of that, so we can probably dead that lazy narrative right now
They thrived in the 90s. What happened??

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Baby boomers made terrible choices that sunk the economy. Millennials became adults during a recession that has not recovered and most likely won't recover.

My question is why do people act like millennials had a say so in anything before the ship sunk?
well the video actually agrees with this. The guy said that the results of current millennials are of no fault of their own. It's just addressing these faults (not saying other gen's didn't have their own) and just determining where to go from here.