MLB owners trying to cut salary by 70% by pitting rich players vs poor players

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Strike and MLB is dead as we know it. They lost this year by having to share the Summer with the NBA and NHL. If they sit on the sidelines in 2020 and when the current CBA is torn up, they will be NHL status.

Wouldn’t certain players just be better off sitting the year out rather than playing under that type of deal? Would give minor leaguers a chance to get the call-up and get some shine and save teams some bread. That’s if the minor leagues even exist since they seem to want to get rid of a lot of teams.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The NBA and other sports leagues better take note of this as they will likely be due for a salary cut of this magnitude and pushback as well :francis:

It’s one of my theories as to why the NBA keeps pushing back the start date to finish the season. The later the season finishes, the less time there is to negotiate the new CBA which could force players to take a low ball deal just to start the season on Christmas.

It’s also the main reason why I said that the season should have been cancelled so they could have enough time to work out a deal.

Last edited:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn and I was excited about DeGoat's Cy Young 3peat.

A strike and the resulting major loses in team value might finally be what it takes to kill the Wilpons. I actually thought, they might offer a fair deal and take a small loss just so they can try and salvage the bottom line.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Wouldn’t certain players just be better off sitting the year out rather than playing under that type of deal? Would give minor leaguers a chance to get the call-up and get some shine and save teams some bread. That’s if the minor leagues even exist since they seem to want to get rid of a lot of teams.
The complication is that their CBA is expiring soon, so owners are gonna use these paycuts as a bench mark even though revenues will shoot up again.

Tony Clark can’t take this L. If he agrees to this, the players would fire him, and that’s because he let a lot of little shyt slide that’s coming back to haunt him.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The complication is that their CBA is expiring soon, so owners are gonna use these paycuts as a bench mark even though revenues will shoot up again.

Tony Clark can’t take this L. If he agrees to this, the players would fire him, and that’s because he let a lot of little shyt slide that’s coming back to haunt him.

So the more likely scenario is that there won’t be a baseball season as the owners likely won’t budge that much from their original stance.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
So the more likely scenario is that there won’t be a baseball season as the owners likely won’t budge that much from their original stance.
The people I know that work with teams are still optimistic that in the short term they’ll play but aren’t as optimistic about a work stoppage later.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I suffered through too many rough White Sox seasons to have this all go to shyt now

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
MLB will never be NHL status

This is foolishness.

Yeah, they will. They will not have the relevance they have today (which isn't big) with two work stoppages between now and after the CBA expires. Juicing the ball (League mandated steroid era 2.0), hasn't resulted in increased attendance.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The NBA and other sports leagues better take note of this as they will likely be due for a salary cut of this magnitude and pushback as well :francis:

It’s one of my theories as to why the NBA keeps pushing back the start date to finish the season. The later the season finishes, the less time there is to negotiate the new CBA which could force players to take a low ball deal just to start the season on Christmas.

It’s also the main reason why I said that the season should have been cancelled so they could have enough time to work out a deal.

Why would you punt a year that you're almost done with and if you're in contention for a championship, quit on? NBA players have to play 70 games to get all of their pay. The rest of their salary may come at a prorated amount, but they got theirs already.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The people I know that work with teams are still optimistic that in the short term they’ll play but aren’t as optimistic about a work stoppage later.

I would assume that other sports leagues are looking at this kind of salary cut as well. They either just don’t officially know it yet or they haven’t started working on the new proposal.