MMA Fighter Derrick Lewis Saves a Family with Confederate Flag in Houston

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black people truly amaze me.
Even with all the hate thrown at us we're still helping people out.
I feel like life has a way of letting certain sh1t happen to those who are forgiving. I honestly can't think of one single time I regretted exacting vengeance on someone who deserved it.

But then again if most of the world were like me, the world wouldn't be what we know it as.

Ol turn the other cheek ass n1ggas

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Silly justification

It wasn't a justification. I don't think being a fukking human being needs a justification actually. I'm just saying the Klan has flown both flags over black bodies. I don't really have a preference between the two.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Derrick Lewis getting nothing but wins here.

Every single person who reads that story sees the Black man looking better than the White man.

Maybe it won't make a difference to the guy he saved, maybe it will. But it WILL make a difference to at least someone who hears about it.

You don't beat them by being like them. Having a soul and recognizing that other humans have one too is what separates good people from racists and supremacists. You do good to others because it's a good thing to do even if they don't deserve it, not just because they're your friend. Lewis will sleep soundly tonight.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Black dude did the right thing, even though I get tired of taking the moral high ground with racists. He did the right thing :yeshrug:

The white dude looks stupid. Not only is it a flag you can buy on Amazon later, it just shows where his mind is at being worried about a flag while his family is waist deep in a flood that has killed almost 50 people so far.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
"Man, I’ll sit in the back of your truck, man. I don’t want to have my flag inside of your truck like this.’ I said, ‘Man, I’m not worried about that."

He knows it's wrong, they all know it's wrong. That's why when I hear that heritage not hate it goes through one ear and out the other.

giphy.gif

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
For me, the problem isn't that he helped them. Good for hmi for being a better person than me [becuz I' m not helping no confederate supporters/flag bearers at all, don't care what the situation is...]. The problem I have is him feeling the need to broadcast the sh-t..... if you are performing a good deed it doesn't need to be broadcast.

This feels like Dana White/UFC marketing.....

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
If let someone else hate keep you from being human you truly lost.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
If let someone else hate keep you from being human you truly lost.

lol yeah, ok...you can go ahead and be a 'human' to people that think the best days of America are when black folks were slaves. If that makes you or this guy Derrick Lewis better than me so be it.. I'm good with that.

You humanist seem to forget that just in 2005 these same confederate supporting 'human beings' used the chaos caused by Katrina to take part in vigilantism and shoot and/orshoot at black people.