~~~MMSex's Comprehensive Guide to Cutting for Beginners/Overweight/Obese~~~

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I'm trying to add muscle mass while burning/losing fat.

My body fat: 12%
Weight is: 165
Height: 5'10

I want to cut down bodyfat to single digits. Between 6%-8% bodyfat is my goal.

Is this attainable if I eat 5-6 meals per day? The meals I eat will be clean and mostly protein (Eggs w/Oatmeal, Chicken Breasts, Lean Ground Turkey w/Rice).

I plan to workout in gym 4-5 times per week. Cardio (jog outside) 4-5 times per week.
:mjlol:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Damn mms was right

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I thought fat loss was a caloric deficit and building muscle mass was a caloric surplus. People trying to do two opposite things at the same time.

It is possible (read up on "body recompositions") but it's almost impossible for regular-ass gym goers that aren't beasts like that (i.e. most coli brehs).

I did one once by eating at a surplus and lifting 15+ hours a week when I was in the sandbox. The results were :whew: . Then eventually I outworked my surplus and it kinda fell apart. :snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It is possible (read up on "body recompositions") but it's almost impossible for regular-ass gym goers that aren't beasts like that (i.e. most coli brehs).

I did one once by eating at a surplus and lifting 15+ hours a week when I was in the sandbox. The results were :whew: . Then eventually I outworked my surplus and it kinda fell apart. :snoop:
They also set unrealistic timelines and goals:

“I want to drop 35 pounds in the next eight weeks and get ripped. I’m new to the gym BTW”

:why:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

It's also possible to start your own business out of your garage and have it grow to a multi trillion dollar business but it ain't likely. Outside of noob gains I doubt the overwhelming majority gonna see results losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. A lot of people doing it are probably losing the fat they had and seeing the muscle underneath.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
It's also possible to start your own business out of your garage and have it grow to a multi trillion dollar business but it ain't likely. Outside of noob gains I doubt the overwhelming majority gonna see results losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. A lot of people doing it are probably losing the fat they had and seeing the muscle underneath.
Thats how it went for me but once you get leaned up working out for muscle is more rewarding than cutting.