Mobb Deep album produced by Alchemist on deck!

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Madlib is very similar. I think Madlib's a better producer, but he eats shrooms and will spend all day at the aquarium. I've heard some ridiculous Madlib stories. Yeah, he has plenty of bread, but he's not out there chasing placements either. He could've got the Freddie Gibbs album out way earlier, but he didn't care. I'm sure he could push to get Madvillainy 2 out faster, but he doesn't care. Again, he's smoking and doing shyt he wants to do.
Speaking of madlib is it me or does Alc's beats nowadays sound madlib influenced?

On a sidenote I would like to hear a madlib-alchemist collab project like he does with oh no

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
alchemist is nice he jus needs to stop bein lazy on the drums

I think this is really good. This comes out next Tuesday. I like the drums on this.

This should be on the new Mobb album

These are a few other recent joints he's dropped in the past year that were pretty hard

Speaking of madlib is it me or does Alc's beats nowadays sound madlib influenced?

On a sidenote I would like to hear a madlib-alchemist collab project like he does with oh no

You're definitely right on the money. He said that right after he and Oh No linked up (Madlib's brother) for Gangrene, that the friendship led him to a lot of Madlib tapes and beats. He said that started influencing him for sure, especially for things like Russian Roulette, and some of the collage style of beat making.

I still prefer more of an edge to my favorite beats. That new joint Fetti with Currensy and Gibbs is about the most spaced out I like ALC to go. It's a weird sample and a loop, but it still has hard drums. I really like that throwback Live Life (new Big Twins joint) type of beat. it reminds me of late 90's and early 00's Premier/Alchemist/Just Blaze, but I don't think that style is ever coming back into full effect. Boldy James' M.1.C.S. album is probably the closest we'll get to hearing a full album of that style from Alc again. That had a lot of throwback mid 00's sound to it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Some more info, although not much

It's kind of been a poorly kept secret until now but supposedly you're working on a new Mobb Deep album completely produced by The Alchemist. Care to dish out any details?

Prodigy: We've just been working on the beginnings of it. We've got a few joints knocked out; it's coming along. It'll be out soon. [Alchemist producing the album] is the plan right now. I'm sure Hav will have something on there or they'll probably be collaborating on a few joints here and there but we had an idea like, 'Yo, let's do something different and have Al do the whole album.' We just wanted to do something different and get some new excitement. I'm sure the fans would appreciate it.

Alchemist has been long a part of the Mobb camp, really since Murda Muzik. Talk about that dynamic, then and now.

Havoc: We met him through [DJ] Muggs. Muggs was working on some project back in the late ‘90s or something like that and we connected [with Alchemist] ever since. He had that sound that fit Mobb Deep well and we were lucky to have a dude like that around. We've all been cool ever since. He started producing a lot of our singles as well as album cuts and we've kept him around. He's like an honorary Mobb Deep member without the contract.

Moving forward, jumping into 2015, Mobb Deep is still here. We making albums and in the midst of making these albums we just like to come up with ideas like, 'why don't we do a new album like this? Why don't we do a new album like that or why don't we do a new album with Alchemist?' We've been throwing around ideas, and making a few songs. Nothing really etched in stone but it's just an idea that we're throwing around. How much that album will become a reality [is] based around how we fit [it in] our schedules, as far as touring and things of that nature.

Possible release date that you're targeting?

Havoc: Nah, not yet. If I could say tentatively, I would say definitely coming out this year.