Mobb Deep album produced by Alchemist on deck!

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Can't wait for this hopefully this is out before the summer.

I hope so too. Hopefully this is on there

:ohhh: Never saw this whole thing before. Same spot they took the pics for the vinyl covers?
Survival_of_the_Fittest_%28song%29.jpg

tumblr_lp2ts1izqj1qf0urvo1_cover.jpg

Last edited:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a big fan and liked Albert Einstein/13, but the last Mobb album was ehhh and alchemist doesn't make bangers anymore. I don't want to hear the goofy sample loops he's used the last few years with MOBB DEEP.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:gladbron:Entirely produced by the white boy

:blessed:

It's weird to look at the liner notes on paper. Dozens and dozens of songs between Mobb and Alc if you add everything up. But if you take out the unreleased songs, the b-sides, the joints for Al's projects, the P solos joints, the Hav solo joints---and you just looks at the beats Alc has done on Mobb's retail albums. It hasn't been all that many. Probably around a dozen from 1999-2014.

It's gonna be cool to hear a whole project. I'm surprised it hasn't happened by now. I think it's the best time for it too. I like Alc's sound more than ever. He's out there a little bit, but with Mobb Deep he won't go too left field either. He's also probably better at producing an entire album now than he would've been back in the early-mid 00's. Hav seems focused and P is definitely re-energized. They both are sounding better than they have in a long time. If this goes well, this could be the best album they've done since Murda Muzik.

I hope so.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm a big fan and liked Albert Einstein/13, but the last Mobb album was ehhh and alchemist doesn't make bangers anymore. I don't want to hear the goofy sample loops he's used the last few years with MOBB DEEP.
I don't think you will. Did you hear the Boldy James and Alc album? There wasn't anything on there without hard drums. When Alc works with someone that sounds best over hard beats, that's what he does. The only beat he's ever done for Mobb Deep that I know of with light drums is The Realest and that was before 2000.

When he's with Oh No or someone like that he's way more likely to space the fukk out and do some left field shyt sometimes. Prodigy is on some weirdo shyt too to a degree, and I think that's why Albert Einstein obviously had bangers on it like IMDKV but then some drumless loops too like Y.N.T. (which I actually liked). People like Roc Marci and Bronson like those open beats without the hard drums, but I don't think that'll be the case on this here. He was saying with their types of voices they like beats from him that they can float on top of and not get pushed out of the way by the beat.

I think Havoc will keep it grounded too. I doubt he'll be trying to rhyme over some soft shyt. His beats are always knocking, and I think that's what he'll wanna rhyme over. Wishful thinking maybe, but I think this album will be tough.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

seriously!

Who the fukk really thinks Alc is the best thing to happen to Mobb Deep? I rate Alchemist, but he has some shyt beats. For every "The Life", he's got 4 shytty abstract goofy beats. cmon man.

I can almost guarantee that this album will be a major disappointment. I hope I'm wrong.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think you will. Did you hear the Boldy James and Alc album? There wasn't anything on there without hard drums. When Alc works with someone that sounds best over hard beats, that's what he does. The only beat he's ever done for Mobb Deep that I know of with light drums is The Realest and that was before 2000.

When he's with Oh No or someone like that he's way more likely to space the fukk out and do some left field shyt sometimes. Prodigy is on some weirdo shyt too to a degree, and I think that's why Albert Einstein obviously had bangers on it like IMDKV but then some drumless loops too like Y.N.T. (which I actually liked). People like Roc Marci and Bronson like those open beats without the hard drums, but I don't think that'll be the case on this here. He was saying with their types of voices they like beats from him that they can float on top of and not get pushed out of the way by the beat.

I think Havoc will keep it grounded too. I doubt he'll be trying to rhyme over some soft shyt. His beats are always knocking, and I think that's what he'll wanna rhyme over. Wishful thinking maybe, but I think this album will be tough.

The Boldy James album had some joints, I hope this is better than that though. Got it Twisted is a real banger, those Domo genesis/Boldy james/Action bronson records aren't comparable.

I liked Albert Einstein, not as much as some people but I liked it. I'd like a harder Mobb Deep sound than that though. Havoc's 13 wasn't really dark and grimy, but he had some drums and some bangers on there.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
The Boldy James album had some joints, I hope this is better than that though. Got it Twisted is a real banger, those Domo genesis/Boldy james/Action bronson records aren't comparable.

I liked Albert Einstein, not as much as some people but I liked it. I'd like a harder Mobb Deep sound than that though. Havoc's 13 wasn't really dark and grimy, but he had some drums and some bangers on there.

"What I Rep"

:whew:

and I agree. Dudes started giving Alc stupid props after Got It Twisted. yes it was a banger, especially in a time when Mobb Deep had clearly fallen the fukk off, but that doesn't mean Alc has to do every production of theirs. Most of the time, his sound aint hard.