Mobb Deep album produced by Alchemist on deck!

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
"What I Rep"

:whew:

and I agree. Dudes started giving Alc stupid props after Got It Twisted. yes it was a banger, especially in a time when Mobb Deep had clearly fallen the fukk off, but that doesn't mean Alc has to do every production of theirs. Most of the time, his sound aint hard.

I don't think he has to either. A few on every album was perfect. After being down with them for the better part of 20 years, I think a full album is cool though. On Got It Twisted he said he was going for the Quiet Storm feel, with another 80's sample that could rock in a club but still sound mean. When U Hear The is one of the hardest Mobb songs post Murda Muzik IMO. It may not be as hard as Havoc's earlier beats, but even Havoc isn't doing those kind of beats anymore.

Hey, at least Mobb isn't doing this now, right?

The Boldy James album had some joints, I hope this is better than that though. Got it Twisted is a real banger, those Domo genesis/Boldy james/Action bronson records aren't comparable.

I liked Albert Einstein, not as much as some people but I liked it. I'd like a harder Mobb Deep sound than that though. Havoc's 13 wasn't really dark and grimy, but he had some drums and some bangers on there.

I didn't like AE as much as a lot of people did either. For a lot of the same reasons as you. In particular I think the Domo and Bronson projects are the weaker end, beat wise. 360 Waves and Albert Einstein are kind of in the middle. Not really counting the Willie or Fashawn EPs.

I think Covert Coup, Lord Steppington, and M1CS are the best batch of beats recently. The joints he did for Sean Price and Schoolboy Q.

I'm a fan of the hard Mobb sound too. Infamous and HOE can't really be topped. There was a joint that got left off MM called Nobody Likes Me, which is about the best hard/dark Mobb record I heard after HOE. I guess I just adapted with the times. Something like IMDKV was fine for me. I know Mobb is never going all the way back to the darkness levels of the mid 90's.

Last edited:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't like AE as much as a lot of people did either. For a lot of the same reasons as you. In particular I think the Domo and Bronson projects are the weaker end, beat wise. 360 Waves and Albert Einstein are kind of in the middle. Not really counting the Willie or Fashawn EPs.

I think Covert Coup, Lord Steppington, and M1CS are the best batch of beats recently. The joints he did for Sean Price and Schoolboy Q.

I'm a fan of the hard Mobb sound too. Infamous and HOE can't really be topped. There was a joint that got left off MM called Nobody Likes Me, which is about the best hard/dark Mobb record I heard after HOE. I guess I just adapted with the times. Something like IMDKV was fine for me. I know Mobb is never going all the way back to the darkness levels of the mid 90's.

I know they'll never make another Infamous or HOE, that's fine. Blood Money still had serious bangers (Click Click, Speakin So freely), Takin you off Here was a banger. Infamy had a lot of bangers.

Genesis of the Omega was a banger, there's some recent Alchemist songs with banging drums here and there. Durag Dynasty album had some heaters. There's been a lot of goofy sh1t too though.

It doesn't need to sound super :demonic: every song, but I've got a bad feeling that this album will have more than a few cloudy beats with a simple loop and weak or no drums.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I know they'll never make another Infamous or HOE, that's fine. Blood Money still had serious bangers (Click Click, Speakin So freely), Takin you off Here was a banger. Infamy had a lot of bangers.

Genesis of the Omega was a banger, there's some recent Alchemist songs with banging drums here and there. Durag Dynasty album had some heaters. There's been a lot of goofy sh1t too though.

It doesn't need to sound super :demonic: every song, but I've got a bad feeling that this album will have more than a few cloudy beats with a simple loop and weak or no drums.

:damn: Where's the faith, friend? You're gonna get me worried.

But yeah I agree on Blood Money/Infamy/etc. Infamy is very slept on. Blood Money had less bad songs than people think, and their most recent album was also pretty slept on.

Did you like Waterboarding off the Black Cocaine EP? I'm hoping it won't really get lighter than that.

We'll see I guess.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Alc is my favorite producer but I dont want to hear a Mobb album without Hav beats on it. Realistically they should co produce it because i still think Hav's sound fits them realy well even tho Alc's sound has defined them more over the course of the last decade since Murda Muzik.

Anybody hating on Alc and his drumless loops should know he's a producer to the core and doesnt just make the same track. How many of those type of tracks has P even rapped to? P picks bangers and always has.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Alc is my favorite producer but I dont want to hear a Mobb album without Hav beats on it. Realistically they should co produce it because i still think Hav's sound fits them realy well even tho Alc's sound has defined them more over the course of the last decade since Murda Muzik.

Anybody hating on Alc and his drumless loops should know he's a producer to the core and doesnt just make the same track. How many of those type of tracks has P even rapped to? P picks bangers and always has.
Even though it doesn't say so, I bet Havoc will produce 1-2, or have a couple co-productions.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
fukk Alc..I like vintage Mobb where they did everything themselves, now they've regressed allowing seminal producers to touch their work. Mobb didnt become the greatest duo ever by not standing up for themselves.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
fukk Alc..I like vintage Mobb where they did everything themselves, now they've regressed allowing seminal producers to touch their work. Mobb didnt become the greatest duo ever by not standing up for themselves.
People think Havoc produced all their old stuff, and it's just not true. Their first album, Havoc only produced 5 or 6 of the 14 songs. The rest was DJ Premier, Large Pro, etc. On The Infamous, Q-Tip produced a big chunk of it, either the whole beat, or co-produced it.

Hell On Earth is the only Mobb Deep album to have Havoc produce all of it. That's it. Murda Muzik even had production from a dude named T-Mix that I've never heard from before or since.

I was also annoyed at Mobb Deep letting dudes produce for them like Lil John, Bow-1da, K-Lassik, Chad Beatz, Profile, Fredwreck..I don't consider Alc one of those guys though. He's extended family. Alc was the guy that visited Prodigy in jail. It wasn't Hav. I know Havov was mad at Prodigy, but I don't think he went to see him. Maybe once? Al took Prodigy's son in and took care of him while P was locked down. If that's not family, no one is.

Like I said earlier, if you count up all the ALC tracks that have been on Mobb Deep's actual retail albums, you end up with less than a dozen beats in the better part of 20 years. Alc had 1 beat on their last album. They'll all do this project here, and go back to doing what they do. There will be plenty of Havoc produced Mobb tracks in the future, I'm sure.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Mobb and ALC is just magic. Can't wait. Don't get me wrong, I would love Havoc to get something as he's never done a Mobb album without doing a single beat. But it's going to be interesting hearing an entire album that's not just Prodigy produced by ALC. Even though I've love most of the ALC and P collabos mostly "Return of the Mac" album. I like that Hav is getting in on this more now.

Last edited: