Mobb Deep - Hell On Earth 20th Anniversary Official Celebration/Appreciation Thread Free Daps

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
The years 95 - 98 were so crazy and carefree with the young god wildin - it’s unbelievable how we made it through. This is one of the albums that was constantly on repeat and are like a soundtrack to an era. I almost hate playing them now coz of the emotions and memories they come attached with :mjgrin:

A classic

RIP Prodigy too

Edit- if I have to fling up a track, Man Down first came to my head for some reason

Half a @Man generating grands
Kid you know how it go
Only fukk with fam

• Dap
Reactions: Man

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
Gotta pay homage to the best Mobb Deep album (yes it's better than The Infamous in my opinion)

Cohesive as fukk!

Prodigy on his top lyrical level (he's definitely the professional, professor of this rap science)

Hell on Earth, Apostle's Warning and just the whole Hell on Earth album

4pkzgy9.gif

Havoc's beats are insane (this time no help from Q-Tip)

TsdXakt.gif

A GOAT diss track contender: Drop a Gem On 'Em:

and it even had a clean version since it was supposed to be a single:

And Prodigy didn't give a fukk in that verse (his flow was nonchalant because he hated clean versions)

GOAT group photo

W9PuG3s.jpg

GOAT jewerly

dcNl2iY.jpg

:blessed:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Gotta pay homage to the best Mobb Deep album (yes it's better than The Infamous in my opinion)

My whole take on it is this. HOE is a sharper album than Infamous, and P is better lyrically and Havoc is better on production. But just because The Infamous was the FIRST time people heard that sound, and because the highs of it (Shook Ones Pt. II is my favorite rap song of all time) are higher than the highs of HOE,I think it will always be only the most hardcore Mobb Deep fans that will argue that HOE is better than The Infamous.

So I agree that it's probably better but I also understand why people rate The Infamous as being slightly higher.

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
My whole take on it is this. HOE is a sharper album than Infamous, and P is better lyrically and Havoc is better on production. But just because The Infamous was the FIRST time people heard that sound, and because the highs of it (Shook Ones Pt. II is my favorite rap song of all time) are higher than the highs of HOE,I think it will always be only the most hardcore Mobb Deep fans that will argue that HOE is better than The Infamous.

So I agree that it's probably better but I also understand why people rate The Infamous as being slightly higher.

Nail on the head. Hell on Earth will forever be underrated for this reason

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Does someone have the content of the Enhanced CD?

I do have the enhanced CD but you need old hardware and software to run it (windows 95 is hard to install on regular computer of today)

MAp18MC.jpg
UK bonus track :ohhh:
UK got the album 15 days early :picard:
I didn't get a computer until 1999. I took the CD to my school though :mjlol:
From what I remember, there was a picture of QB and you could click on different things? :yeshrug:
The main takeaway was there was a code that you could call to listen to In The Long Run...
I couldn't do that at school though :prodigylol:

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
UK bonus track :ohhh:
UK got the album 15 days early :picard:
I didn't get a computer until 1999. I took the CD to my school though :mjlol:
From what I remember, there was a picture of QB and you could click on different things? :yeshrug:
The main takeaway was there was a code that you could call to listen to In The Long Run...
I couldn't do that at school though :prodigylol:

Yeah UK version got Shook Ones part 1.

Aah alright yeah one day I will buy a computer with Windows 95 just to check the CD :mjlol:

I'm wondering about the videos and biography part though. Could be interesting

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
My favorite Mobb Deep album that I play once a month. P and Havoc was at their very best, This is Havoc masterpiece album on the boards and This is Prodigy greatest lyrical showing, Every song he killed it, he rapped like he about to murder everybody who tried to fukked with him.

I remember when it dropped, I went to cop the cassette at The record store, went home opened the package put in the tape.

And when Animal Instinct beat came on I was like :ohlawd:

This album was meant for the headphones, I was playing this album out in the fall and winter with my headphones on while I was hugging the block.

A Hip Hop Classic

Last edited: