Mortal Kombat(1995): An Oral History

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Even though I'm not a fan of the games anymore I still hold the movie in high regards, great read. I remember seeing the commercial on TV and going to go see it :wow:

*sees Scorpion flip from behind the tree and sent his snake spear out of his arm after Johnny Cage*

Me: :ooh: "Mom can we go see Mortal Kombat this weekend?"

Mom: :childplease: ...."Boy, you not finna look at all that violence :what:"

Me: (Internal:pacspit:) wasn't trying to get grabbed by the leg and spanked upside down:pachaha:

The weekend comes by and my dad interrupts a session of playing with my power ranger toys

Dad: "Son, get dressed, you comin' with me:ufdup:"

Me: :dahell:

We on the road and I'm like "Where we going?"

Dad: "Just ride :umad:"

Me::aicmon:

Now we reach the theater and I asked what were going to see and he's like "Mortal Kombat:smugdraper:"

The crowds reactions throughout the movie was :banderas::leon::ahh:
:salute::whew::damn:

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was a kid and knew this movie was garbage,and was under the impression everybody knew it was garbage:mindblown:....feel like im being trolled in this thread,and with them talking reliving this movie like it was a classic or something....only thing i domt reember is if it was worst than street fighter,if not it was so close.....dont even remind me of the white raiden:scust:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I was a kid and knew this movie was garbage,and was under the impression everybody knew it was garbage:mindblown:....feel like im being trolled in this thread,and with them talking reliving this movie like it was a classic or something....only thing i domt reember is if it was worst than street fighter,if not it was so close.....dont even remind me of the white raiden:scust:
it's a classic breh :demonic:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Its a classic because it gave us 2 of the greatest lines in movie history
:ufdup:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
A Prime Cameron Diaz right after The Mask......Man!
rbk-iconic-dresses-1994-cameron-diaz-lgn.jpg

I wish the Director sign on for Mortal Kombat Annihilation.......smh

She fell off hard after that movie. Cameron was fine as hell in the mask