Mortal Kombat(1995): An Oral History

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Glad it's been mentioned a few times, but when the announcer went REPTILE :ohhh::ehh::wow::feedme::blessed:

I was 10 years old when this came out and had to go with my brother and his boys, I think that was the first time I gained their respect for knowing all the characters.

When Raiden showed up and backed down Scorpion /Sub Zero :gladbron:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Mortal Kombat was huge as fukk in the early 90s
I was a kid so it's was crazy seeing MK every where Games , Toys, Movies

The arcades was always packed for MK2

I still don't remember Street Fighter being that popular , it had hype but MK came thru and flushed it out

Didn't know Street Fighter was popular until I got older

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, the MK movie was the first time I went to the movies and the place was hype as fukk. That Reptile fight just tore the place down because it was completely unexpected. Definitely a 10/10 movie experiences.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like the old heads like me said in here. As a kid the movie theater experience was top notch for this. They added a simple enjoying story to the violence that didnt drift to far from the material and gave fans exactly what they wanted.

The reptile fight was so dope because when we 1st see reptile he is a fukkin gecko hiding on the wall and we all like ahhhh really ?!? So when he got that upgrade we were hyped!!

Thats why annihilation was so disappointing because the 1st one nailed it for fans expected. Instead of making it a tournament it turned into a bad cosplay action movie and the fights didnt make sense