Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Capoeira has it's uses.
01-Marcus_Lelo_Aurelio_s_Mea_Lua_De_Compase_Capoeira_KO_in_MMA.gif

Dude got bodied :picard:

Daps
Tai Chi: Its for old people to get moving so they keep their joints lubricated and stave off arthritis. Martial application is low, no sparring, often wrapped with pseudo spiritual bullshyt

Krav Maga: Mostly gets its rep for being used by israeli military or something of that nature. Military combatives are notoriously bad and krav maga schools are usually mcdojo set ups with practitioners who don't compete. Focuses on "dirty" techniques instead of effective ones.

Wu Shu: It is mostly used to choreograph performances for tourist and movies. No sparring, and the competition is mostly forms and execution of techniques rather than actual combat.

TKD: While there are a few effective techniques a kick based strategy is difficult to employ and most of the modern competition is point fighting with low resistance and resets after contact.

Aikido: A lot of low percentage techniques, no sparring, compliant partners when training gives a false sense of efficacy. Wristlocks can work if paired with a legit grappling art though.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I think there are multiple martial arts which are not useful in a real life setting, mostly the ones where there is no sparring and/or the techniques are too. With that said those martial arts have their use too, they can teach you discipline. On the other hand something advertising itself as self defence while it is not effective is fraudulent.
Ironically, the martial arts which don't advertise themselves primarly as self-defence (combat sports) are usually the more effective for self-defence.

from Asian TMA I think judo, muay-thai and tkd can be useful in real life.
from modern sports and martial arts boxing, full contact karate, kickboxing, sambo, wrestling, bjj, mma (if we take it like it would be a stand alone sport)
of course I don't know all the martial arts and combat sports in the world so there might be more than that and I was only talking about weaponless sports and martial arts here

idk about krav-maga, I heard it can be effective if people who really know it teach it and not frauds. The "Israel military using it" reasoning might be overused but it still has to mean something, I doubt that they would teach horseshyt to soldiers whose life is pretty much in constant danger so I'd rather count it as useful. Also it contains no needlessly long and complicated techniques, they keep it tight and quick. It might be more effective in close range situations where someone try to rob you with a weapon than in a straight up shooting the five with one person or more situations.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Tai Chi: Its for old people to get moving so they keep their joints lubricated and stave off arthritis. Martial application is low, no sparring, often wrapped with pseudo spiritual bullshyt

Krav Maga: Mostly gets its rep for being used by israeli military or something of that nature. Military combatives are notoriously bad and krav maga schools are usually mcdojo set ups with practitioners who don't compete. Focuses on "dirty" techniques instead of effective ones.

Wu Shu: It is mostly used to choreograph performances for tourist and movies. No sparring, and the competition is mostly forms and execution of techniques rather than actual combat.

TKD: While there are a few effective techniques a kick based strategy is difficult to employ and most of the modern competition is point fighting with low resistance and resets after contact.

Aikido: A lot of low percentage techniques, no sparring, compliant partners when training gives a false sense of efficacy. Wristlocks can work if paired with a legit grappling art though.

Repped