MOST USELESS Martial Arts & Fighting Styles

The Up Right Man

All Star
Daps
Hmm... :jbhmm:
  • Indirect, instead of tagging me or quoting me - check
  • Speaks in ways you wouldn't to anyone’s face - check
  • Emotions still smoldering because I ethered you in the past - check
  • Will proceed to reply with your tail tucked between your legs whining about how you wasn’t talking about me or “but I was just playing..” - pending
Yep, you’re a p*ssy.
f09a0a7953e8eb199e34525af1fa5928.png

Breh I don’t even know who you are... I was referring to those dudes over at sherdog...
But I see why you tight, for that I apologize. Just train in a more useful art.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'm sure you can go into all disciplines (as long as there's contact) and steal something from them that will be highly effective.

Too much emphasis on "which" technique though.

Fighters who are great at mind games, ring generalship and have composure will always be the best.

Attack the head a few times, drop to the body, feint to the body, then unload up top. I don't care if it's a straight right hand, jump kick, elbow, karate chop, tiger strike, etc. if they're thinking low and you're fully committed to a strike on the upper level and happen to connect, they're going to get leveled.

Pretty much get them to think you're zigging but you're really zagging. Because the same principle applies to them all: it's the strike they don't see coming that has the most payout.

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I'm deciding which art to return to so I can finish my training

Muay Thai or Brazilian Jujitsu

I'm torn between the 2

What y'all think?

The Arts I trained in are Kenpo Karate, Boxing, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jujitsu, Judo and Wrestling

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
For me, I would say any art that doesn't do lab work (sparring and/or competition). Specifically Aikido, a lot of compliancy with partners and negative views on combative art forms (such as boxing, judo, bjj, tkd).

I fell deep into the Kool-Aid of Aikido because I didn't know any better and it was like a cult("We don't fight, we use our skills only for self-defense). Turned me into a pacifist almost with a non-violent approach to fighting. It took Judo throwing and choking me into submission to see the error of my ways..

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
I'm deciding which art to return to so I can finish my training

Muay Thai or Brazilian Jujitsu

I'm torn between the 2

What y'all think?

The Arts I trained in are Kenpo Karate, Boxing, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jujitsu, Judo and Wrestling
what belt were you in bjj?

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how are fools saying karate when you consider what McGregor, Thompson and Whittaker are currently doing

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Anyone familiar with 52 blocks?
I was up late one night trying figure out if this shyt is a scam or a real effective martial art....

The Up Right Man

All Star
Daps
how are fools saying karate when you consider what McGregor, Thompson and Whittaker are currently doing
:gucci:
Look at who are the champions in the divisions. Then look at who are the top contenders. The majority aren’t karate background. There’s a reason why.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at who are the champions in the divisions. Then look at who are the top contenders. The majority aren’t karate background. There’s a reason why.
You realize there's several levels b/w saying its useless and saying it's a dominant style(which I'm not saying it is) right? The point is you got elite fighters using karate stances and methods of attack as part of their style, so obviously the shyt isn't useless.

Last edited:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
So you gotta be a champ to prove a styles effective?:gucci:
GSP is also trained in Kyokushin, btw. People are saying karates useless when clearly it isnt. Dont move the goalpost.

All I gotta say is for those saying karate is useless
Kendako-2.jpg

Walk into a dojo and look at the instructors hands. They alone will tell you if its the real deal or a strip mall mcdojo. Traditional hardstyle karate is up there with Muay Thai as far as brutality and effectiveness but ill let you stupid fukks dissing it cook. Step in a legit karate gym and call people out then, record it too :mjgrin:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
You also have Uriah Hall, MVP, GSP, Chuck Liddell, Ryuji Horiguchi, Lyoto Machida, Gunnar Nelson, even the legend Bas Rutten came from a karate background. And dont get me started on the k1 legends who were karate fighters. nikkas have no clue.