MOST USELESS Martial Arts & Fighting Styles

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Krav is rough.

TKD in the right school is very useful. I got my brown at a good school.

It's the school, teacher and student. Useful techniques and sparring is key.

I take Tang Soo Do (red belt) and don't hate.

Always wanted to take Hapkido.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ppl really saying Karate?

GSP, Machida, Wonderboy, Mcgregor and Whittaker would say otherwise.

A lot of the kicks you see are karate or traditional martial arts based. People think MMA equals Muay Thai are confused or listen to Joe Rogan too much.

Even within kickboxing many of the kicks are straight from karate. Everyone always wants to wave this Muay Thai flag though.

Same as when shyt goes to the ground ppl think everything they see on the ground is automatically BJJ when it’s really just wrestling/grappling.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Capoeira looks fun but I never understood how a person would actually connect with a punch or kick. :heh:

Too much winding up.

Capoeira is more of a dance. I have always wanted to learn it, the moves are sick.

or more like his opponent froze ..

Well Capoeira is actually a Martial Art disguised as a dance so that the Africans could practice it without alarming the slave masters. Problem is, a lot of people nowadays are practicing the “disguised” movements thinking it’s what Capoeira is about when it is not. They actually have to peel the dance layer back to see a practical Martial Art.

Capoeira sure was useful when slaves were defending themselves against cacs :rudy:

It’s more about footwork and movement

You know what’s up bruh much respect.

Squidward24

Banned
Daps
Not sure about worst, but the legit best 4 in no order Freestyle Wrestling, Boxing, Brazilian Ju Jitsu, Muay Thai. You can also throw Judo in there as well, No pun intended. If you got all 4 of these, then you will be a straight up beast. I know for a fact that most of the best MMA fighters had a good wrestling background or were good grapplers of any form(Fedor, GSP, Jon Jones, Cormier, Velasquez)

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Karate by far... Imagine naming your username after such a garbage fighting style.

Hmm... :jbhmm:
  • Indirect, instead of tagging me or quoting me - check
  • Speaks in ways you wouldn't to anyone’s face - check
  • Emotions still smoldering because I ethered you in the past - check
  • Will proceed to reply with your tail tucked between your legs whining about how you wasn’t talking about me or “but I was just playing..” - pending
Yep, you’re a p*ssy.