Mother opens up about being ‘virtually gang raped’ in metaverse

Charly Wingate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Virtual reality has essentially been designed so the mind and body can’t differentiate virtual/digital experiences from real,” she wrote on Medium. “In some capacity, my physiological and psychological response was as though it happened in reality.”

The article even mentions how you can feel physical sensations

It kills me how yall downplay the bullshyt your fellow sex does to women
Call haptic feedback sexual harassment brehs. You better go back to LSA with this bullshyt :mjlol: Matter fact imma sue nintendo for the abuse the rumble pack put me thru :mjlol:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
“Virtual reality has essentially been designed so the mind and body can’t differentiate virtual/digital experiences from real,” she wrote on Medium. “In some capacity, my physiological and psychological response was as though it happened in reality.”

I’m salty that you lurk and rarely post, only to pop up for shyt like this. True shyt poster. Online bullying is real. Not gonna argue that. But thats the extent of it. You can’t digitally rape someone.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
She didn't take her goggles off, she totally wanted it

"“Within 60 seconds of joining — I was verbally and sexually harassed — 3-4 male avatars, with male voices, essentially, but virtually gang raped my avatar and took photos — as I tried to get away they yelled — ‘don’t pretend you didn’t love it’ and ‘go rub yourself off to the photo,’” Nina Jane Patel, 43, recalled in a Medium post recounting the “nightmare” she experienced as a beta tester on the VR platform Horizon Worlds, created by Meta, the company formerly known as Facebook."

lol-jordan.gif

Estarossa

Rosé Gold
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

Let me go cry to the NYPost about all the times I been called the N-word on Xbox live and PSN… :mjlol::camby:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
This was why I made all my characters female in MMORPG's. Dudes are THIRSTY online and she should have done what I did: Get their money.

If you played World of Warcraft and gave gold to a naked Blood Elf Paladin dancing in front of Orgrimmar on the Stormscale Server......:umad:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

You are the biggest idiot ive seen on the fukking coli frfr :laff::laff::laff: she getting haptic feed back THROUGH A PAIR OF fukkING GOOGLES my nikka?!!? :mjlol: FOH!!!!!

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Virtual reality has essentially been designed so the mind and body can’t differentiate virtual/digital experiences from real,” she wrote on Medium.
:stopitslime: You have a big ass headpiece on and controllers in both hands. Turn it off.

Unfortunately, trolls are endemic to any online platform amd it sucks she had to deal with it.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps

I think you have a point

but i also think she should, as a 41 year old mother, have the wherewithal to take off her headset, call devs over, and tell them wtf just happened and immediately create fixes for what happened.

like...where is the common sense in all of this? i'm a black man who's been gaming for at least two decades. if i hear cacs going off on some racist shyt, i just hit mute and keep it pushing then report them after the game/round. why would i subject myself to being harassed if i can control it??

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was why I made all my characters female in MMORPG's. Dudes are THIRSTY online and she should have done what I did: Get their money.

If you played World of Warcraft and gave gold to a naked Blood Elf Paladin dancing in front of Orgrimmar on the Stormscale Server......:umad:
My breh you traveling down a dark road :dame: