My Experience Going From an ALL BLACK SCHOOL to a MAJORITY WHITE School

Archangel

Banned
Daps
CHAPTER 1
I was born and raised in Memphis TN and went to a newly opened Hickory Ridge Middle School located in East Memphis. It was all black. Black teachers. Black Principle. Black students. :blessed:
I went there from 6th grade to 8th grade from 2001-2004.

I know middle school kids are the worse out of Elementary, High School & College. I remember my life being dominated by peer pressure, hopes of sex & rebellion. I started cussing. Disrespecting teachers. Hanging with the wrong people. I even failed 7th grade; went to summer school though:wow:
I made my mom cry one time (single mom back then:mjcry:). It was a crazy experience. I remember we made the one white teacher we had cry and quit. :francis::mjlol:

There were gang fight on the campus. Kids from the high school would come on campus and fight with our students. There were school lockdowns because of guns being on campus. I believe the popular gangs were GD(Gangster Disciples) & VL(Vice Lords). I remember wanting to be apart of these gangs because they got the girls and were "cool". Kids would get arrested during school. It was a very formative time in my life.

My best friend at the time was like 6'0'' tall and I was like 4'10''. We all knew he had failed like 5 times but he denied it. He was a terrible influence. The last beating I ever got from my mom when I was 13 was because of him. I still got scars from that whipping; a beating with a switch with no pants on:francis:

CHAPTER 2

My mother married and moved to Oxford, Alabama in 2004 and I started high school at Oxford High School. It was majority white. I had no real experience with white people. It was an entirely new world. I felt inferior. The way they spoke and acted. Some were cool and some were very "preppy" and cocky. I knew I didn't fit in. Instead of gang violence as I was used to, kids committed suicide, died in car accidents, drug overdoses, hit by train :merchant: etc.

I was introduced to a world much different from what I was used to. 10th graders doing coke. Seniors having orgys in the locker rooms. Drunk chicks cheating on they bf in the upstairs bedroom while they mans downstairs at the party. White chick sending nudes to a dude and him putting the pics on MySpace for the entire school to see. Gay football players @Jayne :mjpls:Rumors of a teacher having an affair with the star running back. White people are CRAZY. It was like a drama tv show but it made me realize something. By the time I became a senior, my experiences there shaped me into what I am now.

THE POINT

I made it a point to make sure I never sought the approval of white people or adopt their customs. It taught me that I was better than them in many ways. Even though they subliminally tried to show that they were superior to us by electing white class officers, white students getting to work in the front office, white students driving the better cars, etc I knew what was up, especially when I stopped listening to Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy and all that trash music and started listening to Lupe Fiasco:ohlawd: @PhonZhi:obama: . My life changed. I realized that if it weren't for white people, I never would have tapped into my potential like SSJ2 Gohan.

Its good to be around people not like yourself because it is a minor representation of the challenges you'll face in the real world. If we're stuck around our own kind for too long, SOME of us would grow complacent and underachieve. Being around other ethnic groups, especially as black man, drives me to out work and out think them in everything I do because they believe they are superior. But they are not.

TL:DR :comeon: - Being at a majority white school taught me more about life and myself than going to an all black school.

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
CHAPTER 1
I was born and raised in Memphis TN and went to a newly opened Hickory Ridge Middle School located in East Memphis. It was all black. Black teachers. Black Principle. Black students. :blessed:
I went there from 6th grade to 8th grade from 2001-2004.

I know middle school kids are the worse out of Elementary, High School & College. I remember my life being dominated by peer pressure, hopes of sex & rebellion. I started cussing. Disrespecting teachers. Hanging with the wrong people. I even failed 7th grade; went to summer school though:wow:
I made my mom cry one time (single mom back then:mjcry:). It was a crazy experience. I remember we made the one white teacher we had cry and quit. :francis::mjlol:

There were gang fight on the campus. Kids from the high school would come on campus and fight with our students. There were school lockdowns because of guns being on campus. I believe the popular gangs were GD(Gangster Disciples) & VL(Vice Lords). I remember wanting to be apart of these gangs because they got the girls and were "cool". Kids would get arrested during school. It was a very formative time in my life.

My best friend at the time was like 6'0'' tall and I was like 4'10''. We all knew he had failed like 5 times but he denied it. He was a terrible influence. The last beating I ever got from my mom when I was 13 was because of him. I still got scars from that whipping; a beating with a switch with no pants on:francis:

CHAPTER 2

My mother married and moved to Oxford, Alabama in 2004 and I started high school at Oxford High School. It was majority white. I had no real experience with white people. It was an entirely new world. I felt inferior. The way they spoke and acted. Some were cool and some were very "preppy" and cocky. I knew I didn't fit in. Instead of gang violence as I was used to, kids committed suicide, died in car accidents, drug overdoses, hit by train :merchant: etc.

I was introduced to a world much different from what I was used to. 10th graders doing coke. Seniors having orgys in the locker rooms. Drunk chicks cheating on they bf in the upstairs bedroom while they mans downstairs at the party. White chick sending nudes to a dude and him putting the pics on MySpace for the entire school to see. Gay football players @Jayne :mjpls:Rumors of a teacher having an affair with the star running back. White people are CRAZY. It was like a drama tv show but it made me realize something. By the time I became a senior, my experiences there shaped me into what I am now.

THE POINT

I made it a point to make sure I never sought the approval of white people or adopt their customs. It taught me that I was better than them in many ways. Even though they subliminally tried to show that they were superior to us by electing white class officers, white students getting to work in the front office, white students driving the better cars, etc I knew what was up, especially when I stopped listening to Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy and all that trash music and started listening to Lupe Fiasco:ohlawd: @PhonZhi:obama: . My life changed. I realized that if it weren't for white people, I never would have tapped into my potential like SSJ2 Gohan.

Its good to be around people not like yourself because it is a minor representation of the challenges you'll face in the real world. If we're stuck around our own kind for too long, SOME of us would grow complacent and underachieve. Being around other ethnic groups, especially as black man, drives me to out work and out think them in everything I do because they believe they are superior. But they are not.

TL:DR :comeon: - Being at a majority white school taught me more about life and myself than going to an all black school.
What those gay football players gotta do with me? Didn't you mean to at tuaminator, jahmal, yuffie or fmrtoken?
:mjpls:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I concour.

Although..

Now that Trump has arrived I am shocked at how many deplorables there really are. Doesn't make all white people bad, but keeps me closer to home instead of fukcing around in the country.

Flaked out on a potluck with coworkers cause I woulda had to drive to a lakefront. If you know anything about lakefronts you know that they are hyper protective of their prime real estate. I could just see my black ass creeping through driving slow looking for the spot and having the fuzz show up.

Maybe I am trippin but I feel like I lost like half my rights in the past few years.

earthwalka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I can sorta relate, my middle and high school was pretty diverse actually. In the beginning I was a nerdy black kid just trying to fit in. I grew up in a white neighbourhood with two very well off black parents that taught me the values of being a young black male in society. They taught me the right way, they told me truth and lies of America. At the time tho I wasn't really listening, I was too focused on doing what was necessary to fit in with the black brehs but when that didn't work out cuz I was a clarinet playing, rock music listening, goody goody two shoes black dude I tried with the white brehs. Who saw me as a token and less than them so it was fukk that too. Eventually I found me a friend, a black breh just like me who went on to become one of best friends. It wasn't until later in high school that I was able to understand my true self and culture. I was finally able to accept myself as a black breh that was able to find myself in a world where I didn't exactly relate some of black brothas and sistas because of our backgrounds but I we were still able to hang together and better ourselves and progress.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I can sorta relate, my middle and high school was pretty diverse actually. In the beginning I was a nerdy black kid just trying to fit in. I grew up in a white neighbourhood with two very well off black parents that taught me the values of being a young black male in society. They taught me the right way, they told me truth and lies of America. At the time tho I wasn't really listening, I was too focused on doing what was necessary to fit in with the black brehs but when that didn't work out cuz I was a clarinet playing, rock music listening, goody goody two shoes black dude I tried with the white brehs.
Who saw me as a token and less than them so it was fukk that too. Eventually I found me a friend, a black breh just like me who went on to become one of best friends. It wasn't until later in high school that I was able to understand my true self and culture. I was finally able to accept myself as a black breh that was able to find myself in a world where I didn't exactly relate some of black brothas and sistas because of our backgrounds but I we were still able to hang together and better ourselves and progress.

:wow:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
This is actually a cool idea, hopefully more coli members have experiences and can post their own.

A similar thing happend to me in middle school, except a little differently.

It taught me that everybody is kinda the same, tbh. The majority of the kids in predominantly black school were average intelligence-wise; same thing with the white school.

few were really smart at the black school, and one of the top if not the top students happened to be one of the few whites; same thing in the white school, where I was one of the smartest students, and only one of the few black kids :jawalrus:

everybody loved rap at the black school and in the white school too; people were in on Jcole, lil wayne, etc. Because I lived in both liberal towns, I didn't really feel too uncomfortable being a token black dude. Most of the white kids were chill:ehh:. I wonder how it would have been if I went to Alabama like the op:sadcam:

Kind of a boring story, but that's how it was. :manny:

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
:ehh:so I guess the moral of the story is you can either get infected by devils or become immune to them

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I concour.

Although..

Now that Trump has arrived I am shocked at how many deplorables there really are. Doesn't make all white people bad, but keeps me closer to home instead of fukcing around in the country.

Flaked out on a potluck with coworkers cause I woulda had to drive to a lakefront. If you know anything about lakefronts you know that they are hyper protective of their prime real estate. I could just see my black ass creeping through driving slow looking for the spot and having the fuzz show up.

Maybe I am trippin but I feel like I lost like half my rights in the past few years.

Theyve always been there. they just kept their mouths shut because it wasn't socially acceptable to say in PUBLIC what they were thinking. The Tea Party made it acceptable to be racist in the streets again. Just some of teh shyt you see white people posting on the internet is just :wow: