My Experience Going From an ALL BLACK SCHOOL to a MAJORITY WHITE School

broller

Veteran
Daps
"Instead of gang violence as I was used to, kids committed suicide, died in car accidents, drug overdoses, hit by train :merchant: etc."

i died at that part.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Idk if this got anything to do with this thread but I feel like I gotta say it.

At a white school the teachers and admins don't give a fukk about you unless you a athlete or one of the smartest students in that building if you're black :yeshrug:

Average black kids just gotta float through with the least amount of help and support. :francis:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Theyve always been there. they just kept their mouths shut because it wasn't socially acceptable to say in PUBLIC what they were thinking. The Tea Party made it acceptable to be racist in the streets again. Just some of teh shyt you see white people posting on the internet is just :wow:

Absolutely. Knowing what's in people's minds is disturbing.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Similar story.....

Elementary, Middle and High Schools- all black in DC

College- PWI in Baltimore

My thought process was the world isn't all black so I will attend a school that will serve as a pre-requisite for my future life experiences.
And, boy, those cacs didn't disappoint. Learned their idiosyncrasies, their entitlement/ privilege (both overt and subliminal), their lack of culture but thievery of others, and their fundamental ignorance and how some (not all) revel in it.

Most importantly, learned more about my resilience/ drive, being proud of my culture, how perception can truly derail a breh and how to combat it, how material things are not that important, forcing whites to look at their own false prejudices of other cultures, and how familial wealth can help generations to come.

Though a tough lesson, I'm glad I learned it.:youngsabo:

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Damn, I think I was like 11 years old playing free to player shooters on the PC. I started playing Lupe Fiasco's The Cool album in the background and slowly started picking up on what he was saying. I can honestly say that album greatly impacted the way a spoke and thought.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Damn, I think I was like 11 years old playing free to player shooters on the PC. I started playing Lupe Fiasco's The Cool album in the background and slowly started picking up on what he was saying. I can honestly say that album greatly impacted the way a spoke and thought.

Lupe definitely helped "wake" me up

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
What do all white/all black schools look like :ohhh:

Every fukking every school I went to here in LA was like 99% hispanics with a sprinkle of asians :dead:
would there be static between latino's and blacks?