My homie asked his girl to sign a pre-nup. She said no

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
:whew:

Now he's at a stalemate. Dude just wants to protect the property that he owned before they get married.

She's playing the "You're predicting us to fail! Do I seem like the type of woman to do you dirty?!?" card and refusing to sign.

Any advice for this brother. He's a good dude too. and I know he loves her dearly. She's a good girl as well and not the gold-digging type but she's stuck on the perception of the whole thing.

I told him to flip it on her and say "If we don't work out then you got nothin to worry about baby."

It's lookin like he's gonna have to just let it go and get married or make a point and break-up.

They both feel VERY STRONG about this. I told him if he gives up now he's taking the first L of his marriage and its a sign of things to come.

I'm just glad it aint me bruhs. :whew::whew:

But if it was me I'd call her bluff and cancel the wedding. The embarassment a woman gets from a cancelled engagement >>>> a mans.

I want them to work out tho. We need more black love. :damn:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Now he's at a stalemate. Dude just wants to protect the property that he owned before they get married.

She's playing the "You're predicting us to fail! Do I seem like the type of woman to do you dirty?!?" card and refusing to sign.

Any advice for this brother. He's a good dude too. and I know he loves her dearly. She's a good girl as well and not the gold-digging type but she's stuck on the perception of the whole thing.

I told him to flip it on her and say "If we don't work out then you got nothin to worry about baby."

It's lookin like he's gonna have to just let it go and get married or make a point and break-up.

They both feel VERY STRONG about this. I told him if he gives up now he's taking the first L of his marriage and its a sign of things to come.

But if it was me I'd call her bluff and cancel the wedding. The embarassment a woman gets from a cancelled engagement >>>> a mans.

what state does he live in?

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Id flip the script on her. Be like, "No the pre nup is just extra motivation to make sure we stay together thru the rough times" or some shyt.

Other then that...its a poker game. I'd be like yeah bytch, OK lets just go ahead and get married. Then the day of the wedding after all that planning...all her family came out, friends, coworkers, etc. Id hit her with that paperwork. Be like u better sign this shyt right now or imma leave your ass at the alter.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
Is he banking right now? If so he should definitely get one signed. If not and he got rich later, she was basically with him the whole journey and I would understand her side more.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Damn that's hard.

Is she doing as good financially or better than him?

Marriage is about trust though and I personally wouldn't have asked my wife to sign one (unless I was rich already of course and the girl wasn't down from day 1 - ONLY exception).

But if they both feel strongly about it, then bushes it is :birdman:

:yeshrug:

Even if she comes back and signs it, that will be a major issue in their marriage going forward. It's almost lose lose at this point.

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
The nikka must just go all if shyt does not work out :yeshrug:

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Any woman I marry has to sign..if they come at me like that and say they are not marrying then let it be..I would throw it back her face and ask her if she is really marrying me for me. Normally men who marry dont have intensions of getting divorced but it does happen.. and they lose alot....I worked too hard for what a have for the situation to go bad and even worse lose possessions that I worked hard for when the woman turns bitter and divious.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
Actually after thinking about it more he should make her sign either way. Just tell him to tell her before they were married it was all about love. Why does getting married make it any different? Should stay just about that and nothing more.