My homie asked his girl to sign a pre-nup. She said no

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see why a person would be offended by the idea of signing a pre-nup.

This is in the event that it DOES NOT WORK OUT. We could plan to be together forever, but that doesn't guarantee anything. People change, circumstances change.

Besides that, I don't trust anybody 100% and I'll be damned if I get suckered into giving away half my funds because somebody that I used to love has turned into the Devil's bytch. :mindblown:

That's why we have insurance. Nobody plans to get sick or crash their car but it happens every day. With the divorce rate as high as it is, you expect me NOT to pull out the pre-nup?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/temp-2011-03-21/emnksuClcvumvwHJatloaeieniHmHeBuGctulGvcbqzzDhtJcIrBnhHJFcow/bytch_Please.png.scaled1000.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1347403451&Signature=A5FlSKA7xM%2BnKuklXeDsuSDVp%2Bs%3D

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I have no problems with a prenup; however, I hope a man does not think he is just going to spring one on me and I am suppose to sign it on the spot. I think this situation could have been handled better had they sat down negotiated beforehand with their own lawyers.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

This is in the event that it DOES NOT WORK OUT. We could plan to be together forever, but that doesn't guarantee anything. People change, circumstances change.

Besides that, I don't trust anybody 100% and I'll be damned if I get suckered into giving away half my funds because somebody that I used to love has turned into the Devil's bytch. :mindblown:

That's why we have insurance. Nobody plans to get sick or crash their car but it happens every day. With the divorce rate as high as it is, you expect me NOT to pull out the pre-nup?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/temp-2011-03-21/emnksuClcvumvwHJatloaeieniHmHeBuGctulGvcbqzzDhtJcIrBnhHJFcow/bytch_Please.png.scaled1000.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1347403451&Signature=A5FlSKA7xM%2BnKuklXeDsuSDVp%2Bs%3D

Like I said, if he's rich or really well off, then I'd understand and she'll need to sign dem papers. But If you don't really have shyt going into a marriage (and no.. a car and a few stacks in the bank don't count :comeon: ), then I don't see the need for a prenup personally.

nikkaz done watched too many reality shows on TV (Ratchetball wives, etc.) and are getting paranoid. If you marry someone who is about shyt from the jump, the idea won't even be in your head.

If she is suspect, why are they even getting married?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
does she have any assets?

nah, not at all.

Damn that's hard.

Is she doing as good financially or better than him?

Marriage is about trust though and I personally wouldn't have asked my wife to sign one (unless I was rich already of course and the girl wasn't down from day 1 - ONLY exception).

But if they both feel strongly about it, then bushes it is :birdman:

:yeshrug:

Even if she comes back and signs it, that will be a major issue in their marriage going forward. It's almost lose lose at this point.

Nope. Not even close. He's not rich, but he's a young black engineer with decent bank. She's got a college degree but is currently in grind mode tryna go to med school. But as of now she hasn't started and has no bread. He's going to have to finance the majority of the wedding and possibly her school.

Now before we go all in on the woman... To be fair she's just being a woman and being emotional about the perception of it all. I can vouch that she's a good woman and will most likely make an excellent wife. Like i said, they genuinely love each other. This is just the case of some real life shyt getting in the way. I don't envy him and I have no idea how this is gonna play out because even he admits that she probably wont change her stance.

But its fukked up cuz dude really loves her and is just protecting himself JUST IN CASE. :wow:

Malfoy

Sweet Thing.
Daps

I would be offended. If you don't trust me, don't marry me. simple as that.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Like I said, if he's rich or really well off, then I'd understand and she'll need to sign dem papers. But If you don't really have shyt going into a marriage (and no.. a car and a few stacks in the bank don't count :comeon: ), then I don't see the need for a prenup personally.

nikkaz done watched too many reality shows on TV (Ratchetball wives, etc.) and are getting paranoid. If you marry someone who is about shyt from the jump, the idea won't even be in your head.

If she is suspect, why are they even getting married?

I agree. If a man truly has something to protect that I didn't help him get then more power to him. However, it is always the most broke negroes talking about losing half. :why: A few thousand dollars in the bank isn't shyt.