My homie asked his girl to sign a pre-nup. She said no

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
nah, not at all.

Nope. Not even close. He's not rich, but he's a young black engineer with decent bank. She's got a college degree but is currently in grind mode tryna go to med school. But as of now she hasn't started and has no bread. He's going to have to finance the majority of the wedding and possibly her school.

Now before we go all in on the woman... To be fair she's just being a woman and being emotional about the perception of it all. I can vouch that she's a good woman and will most likely make an excellent wife. Like i said, they genuinely love each other. This is just the case of some real life shyt getting in the way. I don't envy him and I have no idea how this is gonna play out because even he admits that she probably wont change her stance.

But its fukked up cuz dude really loves her and is just protecting himself JUST IN CASE. :wow:

Yeah man, I feel ya. That's hard. Sounds like she is about something and if she got the homeboy seal of approval, that's even harder.

I dunno fam, I don't envy his position. But that shyt will hang over like a black cloud. If I were him and had alot of bread stacked up, I'd put that shyt in my mom's name in a new account if he feels that strongly about it. That way he can cancel the prenup and still "protect" himself.

Just an idea fam.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said, if he's rich or really well off, then I'd understand and she'll need to sign dem papers. But If you don't really have shyt going into a marriage (and no.. a car and a few stacks in the bank don't count :comeon: ), then I don't see the need for a prenup personally.

nikkaz done watched too many reality shows on TV (Ratchetball wives, etc.) and are getting paranoid. If you marry someone who is about shyt from the jump, the idea won't even be in your head.

If she is suspect, why are they even getting married?

Plenty of people marry women and think they're "about shyt".

Until the love is gone and that women goes from a supportive companion to a merciless enemy. Then you're sitting in a courtroom looking like :to: thinking "Man, she ain't about shyt!"

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Plenty of people marry women and think they're "about shyt".

Until the love is gone and that women goes from a supportive companion to a merciless enemy. Then you're sitting in a courtroom looking like :to: thinking "Man, she ain't about shyt!"

Women show elements of ratchetness WAY before getting married. Don't be a fool. Some just choose to ignore it.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I would be offended. If you don't trust me, don't marry me. simple as that.

I used to tell my chicks a variation of that before I cheated on them:

I'm just going to Brazil. I'm not going to do anything. If you loved and trusted me you wouldn't even worry about it. Matter of fact, if you don't trust me then leave.

:mjpls: just some food for thought

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
I posted this before but will repeat. My boss recently divorced and just sold his mansion and gave over half his assets to his ex. On top of that she asked for "lifetime alimony". Not for their kids, for HER. He had to go through a lengthy trial to fight that as well as other crazy shyt she was asking for. During the trial his ex brought her friends on stand to explain how bad of a husband he was. He also had to go on stand and get berated by her attorney.

Fun huh? You can tell your boy this story.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I posted this before but will repeat. My boss recently divorced and just sold his mansion and gave over half his assets to his ex. On top of that she asked for "lifetime alimony". Not for their kids, for HER. He had to go through a lengthy trial to fight that as well as other crazy shyt she was asking for. During the trial his ex brought witnesses on stand to explain how bad of a husband he was. He also had to go on stand and get berated by her attorney.

Fun huh? You can tell your boy this story.

Sounds like he was RICH, totally different situation. And I bet she was white! :youngsabo:

If you RICH, a prenup is a requirement (and don't get married in Cali for the love of God).

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:whew:

Now he's at a stalemate. Dude just wants to protect the property that he owned before they get married.

She's playing the "You're predicting us to fail! Do I seem like the type of woman to do you dirty?!?" card and refusing to sign.

Any advice for this brother. He's a good dude too. and I know he loves her dearly. She's a good girl as well and not the gold-digging type but she's stuck on the perception of the whole thing.

I told him to flip it on her and say "If we don't work out then you got nothin to worry about baby."

It's lookin like he's gonna have to just let it go and get married or make a point and break-up.

They both feel VERY STRONG about this. I told him if he gives up now he's taking the first L of his marriage and its a sign of things to come.

I'm just glad it aint me bruhs. :whew::whew:

But if it was me I'd call her bluff and cancel the wedding. The embarassment a woman gets from a cancelled engagement >>>> a mans.

I want them to work out tho. We need more black love. :damn:

It's not that complicated to be honest if he has things he cherishes and just wants to safeguard it aint nothing wrong with that

Look at it this way he has property he had before he met her and just wants too keep it. Its his stuff and his right to want to do that

If she really loves him she will sign the DAMN PRENUP without question.

Its gonna work out if its meant to work out regardless and she needs to look at it as sure babe ill sign it but i aint worried bout no divorce either so u know its cool u wanna protect ur property just remember im ur new property and priority now and leave it at that

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown

Sounds like he was RICH, totally different situation. And I bet she was white! :youngsabo:

If you RICH, a prenup is a requirement (and don't get married in Cali for the love of God).

he wasn't rich when they got married.

Vlazz

Rookie
Daps
Have a ceremony but don't contractually get married. The system is designed to screw you over.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's not that complicated to be honest if he has things he cherishes and just wants to safeguard it aint nothing wrong with that

Look at it this way he has property he had before he met her and just wants too keep it. Its his stuff and his right to want to do that

If she really loves him she will sign the DAMN PRENUP without question.

Its gonna work out if its meant to work out regardless and she needs to look at it as sure babe ill sign it but i aint worried bout no divorce either so u know its cool u wanna protect ur property just remember im ur new property and priority now and leave it at that

044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Divorces happen brehs. Trust me, I know.

Aint come up off money for alimony tho. I wasnt cakin anyway.

Advice to my brehs: The best time to not have a lot of money is when u married. That way, if she divorces you, she wont get much, if anything at all

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Divorces happen brehs. Trust me, I know.

Aint come up off money for alimony tho. I wasnt cakin anyway.

Advice to my brehs: The best time to not have a lot of money is when u married. That way, if she divorces you, she wont get much, if anything at all

Damn, your wife divorced you........:sadcam:

No wonder your not funny anymore.........:russ:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
he wasn't rich when they got married.

then that is the chance you take. :manny: Your boss married DOWN.

it also doesn't apply to this situation either. Coffee's boy is worried about his shyt BEFORE marriage, not AFTER.

" Dude just wants to protect the property that he owned before they get married. "

His fiance is on trek to goto Medical School, so she'll be eating in due time as well.

Malfoy

Sweet Thing.
Daps
I used to tell my chicks a variation of that before I cheated on them:

I'm just going to Brazil. I'm not going to do anything. If you loved and trusted me you wouldn't even worry about it. Matter of fact, if you don't trust me then leave.

:mjpls: just some food for thought
fukk your food.

If that simple wench thought it was okay for you to go to Brazil without her then more power to her for staying with you. However, my point still remains if you want me to sign or if I feel he needs to sign something in order to be with me (in terms of marriage) then I don't want any parts of that marriage. Just leave me be.