My launch day PS4 on life support brehs :mjcry:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It’s mostly just a Netflix box these days since I got an X1 & Switch but it does have a ton of mileage on it from over the years. Last night It hit us with the PS4 is overheating message while watching tv so I let it sit unplugged for a while and used compressed air to blow out the vents. Turn it on again and it’s running but dead silent :sadcam:.

Doesn’t last past the homescreen and crashes again. Spent about an hour this afternoon taking it apart and cleaning out the fukkton of dust on the inside. I clear out a ton of dust so I think it should be all good again:ehh:. Plug it in, turn on the Witcher 3 and this shyt is dead silent with this repeated clicking sound like the fan doesn’t work:francis:

Not about to fukk with this thing anymore today but has anyone else on here had luck replacing the fan?:francis:

My console life on the line here:mjcry:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
i still have my OG ps4 day 1. Cleaned it for the first time a week ago , it wasnt as dusty as i thought it would be but i mostly did it because it sounded like a jet taking off .

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yoooooo I've noticed this, making loud noise ... How I clean this jawn?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm worried my og ps4 is on life support too. shyt is loud af even when I'm just watching Netflix. I even opened it up and cleaned it. I was going to cop the spiderman black Friday bundle for 200 but it was all sold out :mjcry:

Trade that shyt in for a new one before the fan blows out. Mine was doing the same shyt and now I probably couldn’t even trade it in as the fan noticeably wont kick in and just makes an occasional clicking sound. It crashes in minutes just by idling in the main menu :sadbron:

I might fukk around and try to DIY it one last time if I can find a video on it but I think it’s a wrap now:cowhand:

Yoooooo I've noticed this, making loud noise ... How I clean this jawn?

I put in work following this vid but I think the damage was already done, as my fan blew out & stopped running before I did the cleaning anyway. That 4-5 years of built up dust tho:kbyuck:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im getting the jet engine sound too. Guess i gotta open the shyt up and clean it but im shook to try it

raidersreceiver

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Portland, OR
Trade that shyt in for a new one before the fan blows out. Mine was doing the same shyt and now I probably couldn’t even trade it in as the fan noticeably wont kick in and just makes an occasional clicking sound. It crashes in minutes just by idling in the main menu :sadbron:

I might fukk around and try to DIY it one last time if I can find a video on it but I think it’s a wrap now:cowhand:

I put in work following this vid but I think the damage was already done, as my fan blew out & stopped running before I did the cleaning anyway. That 4-5 years of built up dust tho:kbyuck:

I would but I upgraded my internal hd from 500gb to 2tb

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
tenor.gif

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
It’s mostly just a Netflix box these days since I got an X1 & Switch but it does have a ton of mileage on it from over the years. Last night It hit us with the PS4 is overheating message while watching tv so I let it sit unplugged for a while and used compressed air to blow out the vents. Turn it on again and it’s running but dead silent :sadcam:.

Doesn’t last past the homescreen and crashes again. Spent about an hour this afternoon taking it apart and cleaning out the fukkton of dust on the inside. I clear out a ton of dust so I think it should be all good again:ehh:. Plug it in, turn on the Witcher 3 and this shyt is dead silent with this repeated clicking sound like the fan doesn’t work:francis:

Not about to fukk with this thing anymore today but has anyone else on here had luck replacing the fan?:francis:

My console life on the line here:mjcry:
:myman: