My NYC Black Folk......Gentrification

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yes, if you can afford it.

its really not all that expensive really, you only start really feeling it in your pockets when you are buying anything thats coming from an animal (meats, cheeses, ect.) Produce isn't THAT much of a difference, and if you are copping at markets its prolly cheaper than going to a chain.

Either way its still better than eating Bk everyday.

I say learn how to cook with regular grocery store stuff, then once you good you can move up to the more organic or premium foods. But don't get caught up in all that "free range" BS, a chicken being happy or not ain't that big of a deal. I go to Whole Foods (or Westborn Market) for produce, juice, cheese and if i have the bread to visit the butcher. Which IS a big difference in the quality and cut of meat, steak out the plastic is failure food after some premium cuts from the man swinging the cleaver.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I said Jamaica Avenue is next? My bad...Washington Heights might be next. That MTV show is going to expose that part of Manhattan...already got many NYU students living up in the 170s-180s

Pablo Duarte Boulevard about to be renamed in 20 years if this keeps up.

Jamaica ave is too far... Same with ENY and Canarsie. Flatbush is just too grimy... shyt is the Bx :pachaha:

Sent from handheld Minority Report console

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Jamaica ave is too far... Same with ENY and Canarsie. Flatbush is just too grimy... shyt is the Bx :pachaha:

Sent from handheld Minority Report console
I used to go to Grace church on Jamaica ave, the area has changed big time, it is way more upscale now, people have to get it together or move on now.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I used to go to Grace church on Jamaica ave, the area has changed big time, it is way more upscale now, people have to get it together or move on now.
The last time I was out @ Jamaica Avenue the E train was completely different. The platforms on all those stops near that area were clean now...it has changed big time.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I might buy some shyt like that and rent it out, jesus christ, I could buy that tomorrow.

:bryan::bryan: at the price going down another 8K 3 days after I posted it, these developers taking some serious L's. They thought the BX was gonna be like Brooklyn. I wouldn't be shocked if it went down to 30K

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
201301_bkgentrification.jpg

Brooklyn Gentrification: The Map!: Gothamist

Brooklyn Home Price Changes by Neighborhood of New York City, NY | PropertyShark.com

They need to make one of all the boroughs

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:bryan::bryan: at the price going down another 8K 3 days after I posted it, these developers taking some serious L's. They thought the BX was gonna be like Brooklyn. I wouldn't be shocked if it went down to 30K
I have work projects up there. Doesn't seem that bad AT ALL.

Yall gotta read the fine print tho. Maintenance is $603/mo. And the location is TERRIBLE. Half a mile away from any train line. I wanna meet the dude who put his name on the loan for this building

UZIAF.png

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I have work projects up there. Doesn't seem that bad AT ALL.

Yall gotta read the fine print tho. Maintenance is $603/mo. And the location is TERRIBLE. Half a mile away from any train line. I wanna meet the dude who put his name on the loan for this building

UZIAF.png

If I was still in the BX I would go to the open house and see whats good. One of the NYC Coli posters should head out there and provide us with some details.