NAACP asks Black athletes to turn down scholarships to Florida colleges , your thoughts?

Do you agree with them asking athletes to do this?

• YES

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • NO

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
The NAACP is an organization that has outlived it's purpose. The only ones that would advocate athletes giving up any opportunities are some chronically online dweeb, or some resentful pencil pusher that has never touched a field or been on a court.
These the same irrelevant nerds that try to put a no fly zone in Florida for black folks. No one gives a fukk about that organization or what it has to say.

A fleeing immigrant claiming that the NAACP outlived its relevancy is crazy.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thr strategy would work if they could get black football players on board to Boycott but the naacp needs to put their money where there mouth is. No kid is turning down life changing money and opportunity with out anything else on the table and they would be foolish to do so. Naacp needs to match any NIL offer these kids would have gotten and pay them if they can't get it from another non florida school. That would be a real power move.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
I thought about it when Desantis started doing all his :mjpls: BS in Florida in general. Student athletes can do whatever they want though.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Yeah and it's the adults jobs to handle that. Not some kid who probably idolized someone that went to University of Miami and wants to go there like their idol.
If grade school kids can face water hoses , dogs and white supremacist cops for their basic rights then these 18 year olds can do their part and go to school in a different state. That’s one of our problems as a people now, we are to selfish and can’t see the forest for the trees:yeshrug:

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
I already told these idiots that DEI is a white woman jobs program.

Keep in mind that politicians are getting rid of DEI programs because they allege that they discriminate against white people. DEI includes having safe spaces for black people on college campuses, and having black exclusive organizations. What do we say when they try to eliminate black fraternities and sororities becuse they are not accommodating for "all races."

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
If grade school kids can face water hoses , dogs and white supremacist cops for their basic rights then these 18 year olds can do their part and go to school in a different state. That’s one of our problems as a people now, we are to selfish and can’t see the forest for the trees:yeshrug:
DEI doesn't benefit Blacks exclusively, and there is no data that it even primarily benefits Blacks. Yet you think Black athletes should sacrifice their futures for the cause of people (Asians, Latinos, LGBTQ+) who aren't being told to put any skin in the game? Make it make sense? Boycotting is an insanely powerful tool, but why use it for something that offers no guaranteed benefits. Yet, most of the folks here telling student athletes to sacrifice their scholarships would never tell those same students to sacrifice their vote for reparations.
:sas2:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The University of Miami is a private school, not state funded. Has nothing to do with this

This.

But UF and FSU nikkaz need to consider this.

If you can get a scholly to either of those major schools, I'm 100% positive another school would want you.

And PLEASE believe these other coaches at other schools will be using this as a means to get kids to come to their programs outside of Florida. I know Kirby Smart doing the birdman handrub.

tumblr_lsehggbH1h1qkh195.gif

@AVXL

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Cats going to D1 Universities in Florida could hit the Transfer Portal, too.......:patrice:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If they’re being recruited then chances are they have options. Obviously if they don’t then you they gotta do whatever they have to do. Nobody with common sense is telling someone to turn down a scholarship IF that’s their only one or the only one that makes sense.

There’s levels to everything. If higher rated athletes start going to other institutions in droves in opens up opportunities for kids who otherwise would’ve have been sought after by these big name schools. On top of putting pressure on this Unis.

Common sense shyt, but bozo ass nikkas will always find reasons support places and institutions that actively shyt on them religiously. And this isn’t isolated to college athletes. Just look at this topic, clowns acting like theses kids only options are Florida school or McDonald’s.

I already have college funds started for my kids, I’d let them have autonomy with their own decisions but I’ll be damned if support going to any of these ‘yessir boss’ states with scared ass nikkas like Florida, Texas, Alabama etc

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
So do you have any receipts of money you've donated to HBCUs in Florida to help get these kids paid and facilities updated?