NAACP asks Black athletes to turn down scholarships to Florida colleges , your thoughts?

Do you agree with them asking athletes to do this?

• YES

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • NO

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters

malleymal

All Star
Daps
It’s the only way shyt will happen. These schools use these students to show diversity. I remember thinking Georgetown was a black school when I was younger.

The teams would immediately call their political leaders to change the rules quickly.

Problem is that we can’t coordinate for shyt. If this was a Jewish issue, it would have happened in a minutes notice. You see how they got presidents of Schools up out the paint.

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all hate Tariq on here, but something I agree with him on is “being on code”. We need to be more unified and purposeful in our actions. We compartmentalize waaay too much stuff in the black community. No black athletes should be going to MAGA schools like Ole Miss, Texas A@M, Florida etc. Stop lending our talents to those schools, let them be terrible at sports, and let their revenues plunge. Cacs are obsessed with money and power. That’s where you have to attack them.

We could get a lot done independently of the racist cacs once we get on code :wow:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think HBCU's should always be the first option for black college bound students but that's just me.

My kids would also have a higher chance of finding a black educated and professional partner with a good head on his or her shoulders as well.
False.

Unless I’m not reading it right. If you’re talking regular students then sure, maybe. If you mean student athletes, terrible idea.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
All Ima say is this. The code applied to ALL OF US. Not just our best and brightest

We want Derrick to forego his dream school and I get it, it’s for a good cause, but the same people asking him that are still using Twitter which is run by a white supremacist who is playing an active role in all of this. If we’re going to divest let’s divest.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
SUB-NAACP-articleLarge.jpg

:blessed:

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This shouldnt be hot take at all, florida is a fascist white supremacist state run by an open bigot and racist governor in ron desantis who told voters when he was running for election as governor against a black democratic candidate in andrew gillum not to ''monkey things up'' he has attacked black institution, black voting power through racial gerrymandering the governor is a modern day bull connor, black people should not spend or patronize that state , no amount of money is enough to move to a fascist hellhole like texas or florida.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Thr strategy would work if they could get black football players on board to Boycott but the naacp needs to put their money where there mouth is. No kid is turning down life changing money and opportunity with out anything else on the table and they would be foolish to do so. Naacp needs to match any NIL offer these kids would have gotten and pay them if they can't get it from another non florida school. That would be a real power move.
On God.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I would tell any Black person to stay out of Florida period.

Including athletes. Non athletes. Ex and future athletes.