nappy ass beard. how do i straighten it?

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
I don't even know how you saw other black mens' beards and thought "I need to straighten mine like theirs".

Wash
Condition
Oil
Pick
(Most important step)
Do it everyday.

That's it. Don't be dirty and ashy is literally all you need to take care of your skin / hair.

:laugh:

I remember my aunt told me this as a kid: "cleanse and moisturize... cleanse and moisturize everything."

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
Like others have said, beard balm. Beard wax is essentially a thicker beard balm, with a higher concentration of beeswax. Apply it evenly, then comb it through. It will help you shape your hair how you want it.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
fukk all that how do I get my barber to stop cutting the shyt low almost like a chin strap. I'm trying to grow it out honestly and he's good at cuts and everything except a high big beard. I keep having to just get shape ups and tapers and tell him leave the beard so the shyt can grow back

Striving For Greatness

Get Certs or Die Tryin
Daps
81ZcY6pXvPL._SL1500_.jpg

Wet your beard apply jbco then shea moisture beard detangler and balm.

I also use a beard conditioner

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
fukk all that how do I get my barber to stop cutting the shyt low almost like a chin strap. I'm trying to grow it out honestly and he's good at cuts and everything except a high big beard. I keep having to just get shape ups and tapers and tell him leave the beard so the shyt can grow back

Went through this earlier in the year. You’re probably gonna have to either find a new barber altogether or just handle your beard yourself. That shyt is annoying as hell when they insist on lowering the beard line every damn cut.