Nas Announces $5 Billion Redevelopment Plan in Queens

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
So he’s gonna do like JayZ did with Barclays in Brooklyn and displace poor people from their homes and fuel gentrification? Nice.

:unimpressed:
I'm so confused as to why people think this. Brooklyn was gentrified LONG before that arena was built. And most of it was built on an old train yard.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I'm so confused as to why people think this. Brooklyn was gentrified LONG before that arena was built. And most of it was built on an old train yard.
People who aren't from here and never been here. Too many chatty patties. I'm not a camel worshiper but that train yard wasn't doing nothing for no one

Daps
Reppin
prosper any where on earth
More traffic on the Van Wyck
:sadcam:

salute to Mr Jones tho

Sounds like a Jay Z and Knickerbocker move…

Not a good look and will displace many in Queens. Queens is one of the few areas where black wealth has accumulated more than white wealth. I'm not sure why he can't just buy homes in Queens and help invest that but whatever.

No wonder why Jamaica Ave is getting a face lift.

The dots connect here...

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
I’m going to to praise a black man for transforming from a rapper into a developer. Can be all Jews and the others people getting that money
how involved is he really though, jay-z....sighs..........okay i'll just say it like this, Jay-Z was the silver surfer to corporate galactus in brooklyn, hopefully nas is actually getting something out of this deal or is heavily invested and will reap a perpetual benefit from the development which he can then use to do some good. like iono if he's able to earn 10+ million a year after it's built he can develop afordable or rent controlled home in areas the displaced predominantly black population will go. then that's dope. but otherwise ain't good news but for himself. no knock on Nas that's my goat - pause.