Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
Breh the first verse of Come Get Me is classic shyt talking Nas shyt, come on. If you want to say the second verse isn't that lyrical fine. But that third verse is wild too lol.

Ain’t none of those verses crazy by Nas’ standards, simple straight forward basic verses that don’t pop like a typical Nas verse. Compare any of those to Nas Is Like, 2nd Childhood, Represent, I Gave You Power, NYSOM 2…weakest collab out of Preemo/Nas tracks. Nas coasted on Come Get Me, let’s be real… Classic Nas shyt talking is something like Watch Dem nikkas (specifically verse 1).

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Time for a new single, song is decent at best but it's not enough to gain attention.

Let them work on whatever they're working on with the album. Its Preemo so I cant image they'll have it ready by the summer.
I'll be pleasently surprised if its out by the fall/winter this year

That Common/Pete Rock record been talked about for 8 months and is just getting ready, LL/Tip been working since 2019

These old head collabos take their time and I believe they started whenn they recorded this

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Let them work on whatever they're working on with the album. Its Preemo so I cant image they'll have it ready by the summer.
I'll be pleasently surprised if its out by the fall/winter this year

That Common/Pete Rock record been talked about for 8 months and is just getting ready, LL/Tip been working since 2019

These old head collabos take their time and I believe they started whenn they recorded this

They definitely had some other songs done if they dropped the first single, they’re probably testing out the waters. Still no date to drop so it’s probably coming out in a few months or less. Who knows what else will be dropping this year.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
They definitely had some other songs done if they dropped the first single, they’re probably testing out the waters. Still no date to drop so it’s probably coming out in a few months or less. Who knows what else will be dropping this year.

That vid of them in the studio really made it seem like Preme didn't even know they were making a whole album :dead:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yall talking about it came & went like everything else in this era :mjlol: . . It did exactly what it was designed to do get you ready for what drops later on

People say that when they need a reason to dislike a record and I want them to mentally be prepared to say that about their favorite songs unless they like the big 3 and some trap artists.