Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They definitely had some other songs done if they dropped the first single, they’re probably testing out the waters. Still no date to drop so it’s probably coming out in a few months or less. Who knows what else will be dropping this year.

Im not expecting so soon especially with Preem's work rate and the fact he kinda is unuusally busy this year (Hes working on Phryme 3 and is getting a few more placements on stuff)

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Every non commerical/modern rap record comes and goes these days though
Its hardly an indictment
i'm not talking about any commercial aspect i'm talking about fan perspective. replay value and such. for all the people that pretended hit boy didn't make quality music with Nas, this single is more forgettable than a lot of shyt they did together. I asked who is still playing the joint not how it's doing commercially :skip:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yall talking about it came & went like everything else in this era :mjlol: . . It did exactly what it was designed to do get you ready for what drops later on
so in your mind this has people salivating in expectation...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :comeon:

@Cladyclad

i don't fukk with you, don't dap my posts. i'm a huge nas fan... just being honest about Preemo, don't get it twisted sucka. we not boding over Nas hate.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People say that when they need a reason to dislike a record and I want them to mentally be prepared to say that about their favorite songs unless they like the big 3 and some trap artists.
Nas is my fav rapper. His stans are absolutely unable to be honest

when I was panning the Nas/Kanye record in real time during the listening party online and we were all in the thread fools wanted to kill me only to admit it wasn't a good album. I have no issues being honest about Nas music but when I am my fellow Nas fans get weird about it. i don't need "to dislike a record" this shyt ain't it brother.... I was also one of the few diehard Nas fans who didn't think he was youolddroog... that embarrassing thread is still up. when folks cant tell the GOAT from a fraud. A lot of dudes who talk all that shyt about being authorities on his music on this forum fell for that Russian Jew soundalike :laff:

So no nothing you saying is relevant to me. I said it because the song actually came and went, there's no buzz for this album right now from us the core audience... tell me i'm lying. that single didn't set the table at all.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
so in your mind this has people salivating in expectation...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :comeon:
I wasn't comparing it to anything he did with HB the expectation is to make a solid album. If anything the song was trending on YouTube that entire weekend when it dropped got solid views still in his top 10 on Spotify. For the record I said Preemo needs to step it up. Nas ain't Big Shug or Teflon he needs better

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
i'm not talking about any commercial aspect i'm talking about fan perspective. replay value and such. for all the people that pretended hit boy didn't make quality music with Nas, this single is more forgettable than a lot of shyt they did together. I asked who is still playing the joint not how it's doing commercially :skip:

I’m bumping it. Its wayyyyyyy better than Beat Breaks

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
I know the teaser vid gave the perception that they just began working on this album fairly recently. However, I think it's been in the works for a while. When Nas released M3 shortly after M2, the dude on Reddit said it's because another project was in the works (hence, why Nas wanted to wrap up the Magic trilogy, quickly). That was more than 8 months ago. I'm sure they've been cooking ever since.

Both Nas and Preme know the deal. They know fans have been wanting this album for decades. I doubt they'll disappoint.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

The song has streamed well so people are rocking with it. And I agree Hit Boy made incredible music

But the truth is with underground hip hop you're not gonna know unless you ask around and everyone's different.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nas is my fav rapper. His stans are absolutely unable to be honest

when I was panning the Nas/Kanye record in real time during the listening party online and we were all in the thread fools wanted to kill me only to admit it wasn't a good album. I have no issues being honest about Nas music but when I am my fellow Nas fans get weird about it. i don't need "to dislike a record" this shyt ain't it brother.... I was also one of the few diehard Nas fans who didn't think he was youolddroog... that embarrassing thread is still up. when folks cant tell the GOAT from a fraud. A lot of dudes who talk all that shyt about being authorities on his music on this forum fell for that Russian Jew soundalike :laff:

So no nothing you saying is relevant to me. I said it because the song actually came and went, there's no buzz for this album right now from us the core audience... tell me i'm lying. that single didn't set the table at all.

I didnt like the Nasir record either so I can be honest if I like something or not. I odnt know why you writing all this stuff about Droog, it aint got nothing to do with this and those people werent Nas fans anyway

All I know is this record was praised for the most part and it was just a confirmation of a album. It aint like we got a bunch of underground radio stations or spots that spin current music t tell if it is or not. Those that rock with it, those that dont dont.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I played about as much times as I played the hit boy tracks. How many times does one have to listen to a track to satisfy you?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I know the teaser vid gave the perception that they just began working on this album fairly recently. However, I think it's been in the works for a while. When Nas released M3 shortly after M2, the dude on Reddit said it's because another project was in the works (hence, why Nas wanted to wrap up the Magic trilogy, quickly). That was more than 8 month ago. I'm sure they've been cooking ever since.

Both Nas and Preme know the deal. They know fans have been wanting this album for decades. I doubt they'll disappoint.

Bare in mind Preemo also has been working Phryme 3 and a bunch of other stuff so who knows

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
New snoop song sounds like premo on the beat. One of the better premo beats I've heard in over a decade. Nas woulda killed this shyt. He better have more gold in the stash :beli:

Is this the Snoop record that already came out?

I like Preemo's new stuff but theres always things to nitpick
Like I enjoyed the record he did with Chance but you know beat nerds are gonna say ths is just Sixth Sense slowed down if he gave it to Nas or someone