Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is this @The Dust King dude? I like yo style. Lol.

The thing with both When Thugs Die and Never Gonna Give it up and most of Nas’ unpopular tracks is if you remixes it on another track, maybe throw it over some book bag, that shyt would be even more fire. I hear the argument for why they wack but Nas story telling is always dope.

Also, for a lower caliber of producer, I fukks with Al west and Dame Grese. I like what they was doing with Nas.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On another note, I hope Nas dropped some Film type of vivid story telling on one of these Lost Tapes joints. To spit something as dope as Film on basically a throwaway project is unreal. Hope he has more of these throwaway shyts.

Last edited:

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
1) salaaam >>>>> jimi, chink, irv, 7 and whoever else in house at murda inc

2) you say you dont care about what i typed but then go to expand on the topic of irv LOL

3) LOL @ wanting him over the beats from pain is love
1.) I never said anything bout Salaam Remi...whats his stellar production got to do with Nas getting even more stellar production elsewhere?

2.) Ok

3.) Never said anything bout Pain Is Love in particular but we not gon act like “Dial M For Murder” or “Never Again” werent dope enough for Nas. He sounded right at home over “The Pledge”.

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
I just saw that Beyonce is dropping her Lion King
album the same day as the lost tapes the 19th
Now granted the movie comes out the 18 but
still man lol smh

The ppl who are anticipating the Lost Tapes are likely not anticipating the Lion King movie soundtrack and vice versa. I could care less if Lost Tapes is number 1 or not as long as the music is great! :yeshrug:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The ppl who are anticipating the Lost Tapes are likely not anticipating the Lion King movie soundtrack and vice versa. I could care less if Lost Tapes is number 1 or not as long as the music is great! :yeshrug:
For real. I couldn't care less about sales numbers. I don't care how much or little it sells (except I do want artists I like to make money). If it's dope it's dope. Such an annoying trend.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For real. I couldn't care less about sales numbers. I don't care how much or little it sells (except I do want artists I like to make money). If it's dope it's dope. Such an annoying trend.

I don’t necessarily care much about sales. The part of sales that I do care about is that I hope it sells well enough and garners enough attention to get additional volumes released. Seeing that Nas has said there will be volumes and we know he has the work, I’m confident that there will be more. Just hopefully sooner than later.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
it is not even close to never gonna give it up. that was crafted as a single and you can hear the quality in everything from the production to the flow.

nas properly plays "nas" while product g n b stress the meaning of not giving up.

great introspective lyrics about reflection while thugs die is just random banter.

the only special about thugs is that nas goes overboard on sound effects and adlibs.

i understand YOU want the song but the song belongs on the cutting room floor. it isnt abysmal but it lacks the things that makes nas songs special.

never gonna give it up is a stillmatic classic (@JustCKing ) lol

while thugs die is the worst nas solo song that has ever graced the dual sides of a clue tape

1) you dont know me is a watered down remake of the hardest thing to do is stay alive. same song just remixed

2) the beat clue/duro gave nas for thugs die is in no way comparable to any of those dame grease or al west tracks. it is to be ranked at the bottom sonically.

3) nas edited fetus for lost tapes

4) wanna play is not an autobiographical tale

5) wanna play was released on dame grease album back in 01

1) you wanted nas to be down with ja rule and ashanti? :pachaha:

2) irv gotti produced supa ugly then went to d!ckride nas becuz Hov turned murda inc down

3) nas never said he was gona sign with them ever. he had one studio session and recorded two tracks and the world lost its mind.

4) salaaam remi >>>> A7
You didn't...hold up

That Time Nas Joined Murder Inc. For Like Two Months in 2002

This is heavily implying he was on the inc.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is some of the known work that we know Nas did after Illmatic and before IWW?

I know of Dejavu, Understanding, True Dialect, Life is Like a Dice Game and an unreleased Large Pro track called Blue Velvet. Anything else?

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
When thugs die is a dope mixtape track. It would never work for an album.

this response is as lackluster as the song. where dem dissertations at my g?

You almost got it right.

1. When Thugs Die >> Tales From The Hood

2. Jungle on The Flyest >> AZ on The Flyest

Like you said, prove me wrong.

ok lets do a poll. i respect your opinion and appreciate you explainin your position but its strictly a novelty preference. nobody would ever choose nas to rhyme wit jungle over az EVER. i mean seriously breh LOL

1.) I never said anything bout Salaam Remi...whats his stellar production got to do with Nas getting even more stellar production elsewhere?

2.) Ok

3.) Never said anything bout Pain Is Love in particular but we not gon act like “Dial M For Murder” or “Never Again” werent dope enough for Nas. He sounded right at home over “The Pledge”.

same shyt i said to homey above you, respect breh.

i was being harsh but in retrospect maybe nas wouldnt sound bad over some of that.

on the flipside he never joined nor implied he was goin to

You didn't...hold up

That Time Nas Joined Murder Inc. For Like Two Months in 2002

This is heavily implying he was on the inc.

quote the article breh i aint doin ya propaganda for u

Sinister

Banned
Daps
this response is as lackluster as the song. where dem dissertations at my g?

ok lets do a poll. i respect your opinion and appreciate you explainin your position but its strictly a novelty preference. nobody would ever choose nas to rhyme wit jungle over az EVER. i mean seriously breh LOL

same shyt i said to homey above you, respect breh.

i was being harsh but in retrospect maybe nas wouldnt sound bad over some of that.

on the flipside he never joined nor implied he was goin to

quote the article breh i aint doin ya propaganda for u
The part where has said nas and Murda inc 2003, threw up the M etc at vmas