Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

Sinister

Banned
Daps
again breh i aint clickin that. i was there i dont need to. burden of proof on you, YOU quote the article cuz you batting 0

On August 29, 2002, Nas performed alongside Murder Inc. at the MTV Video Music Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. Ja Rule and Ashanti performed their top 10 hit, "Down 4 U," while Nas gave us an inspired performance of "One Mic." At the end of their respective sets, they appeared in unison to preview their new collaboration "The Pledge (Remix)," where Nas told the crowd: "2003, Nas and Murder Inc., y'all," before throwing up the Murder Inc. sign and proclaiming "It's going down in 2003 baby. It's Murder, Ill Will!"

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Billboard now has an article on the pic Timbaland posted:

This past weekend, a bevy of stars linked up in New Orleans for this year's Essence Festival. Among the celebrities in attendance were some of rap's brightest luminaries in Nas, Timbaland, and Pharrell, who were spotted together in a photo posted by Timbo on Tuesday (July 9).

"Should we get in the studio?" teased the super producer on Twitter.

Nas is set to release his forthcoming project Lost Tapes 2, which will feature an array of esteemed producers including the likes of Swizz Beatz, Kanye West, No I.D., Hit-Boy and Pharrell, who produced the second track "Vernon Family." Pharrell and Nas teamed up back in 2003 for "Flyest Angels." The song appeared on the Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle soundtrack.

In 2015, Timbaland teased a snippet of an unreleased Nas track on Facebook, but the song has yet to surface in its entirety. Timbo and Nas previously worked together on several songs, most notably 1998's "You Owe Me," and 1999's "You Won't See Me Tonight."

Timbo has been busy himself, as he recently had his handprints on Tee Grizzley's Scripturesalbum, executive producing the project. The album spawned several scorching singles in "God's Warrior" and "Sweet Thangs."

Timbaland Shares Pic With Nas and Pharrell, Hints They'll Get in the Studio

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers

This past weekend, a bevy of stars linked up in New Orleans for this year's Essence Festival. Among the celebrities in attendance were some of rap's brightest luminaries in Nas, Timbaland, and Pharrell, who were spotted together in a photo posted by Timbo on Tuesday (July 9).

Nas is set to release his forthcoming project Lost Tapes 2, which will feature an array of esteemed producers including the likes of Swizz Beatz, Kanye West, No I.D., Hit-Boy and Pharrell, who produced the second track "Vernon Family." Pharrell and Nas teamed up back in 2003 for "Flyest Angels." The song appeared on the Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle soundtrack.

In 2015, Timbaland teased a snippet of an unreleased Nas track on Facebook, but the song has yet to surface in its entirety. Timbo and Nas previously worked together on several songs, most notably 1998's "You Owe Me," and 1999's "You Won't See Me Tonight."

Timbo has been busy himself, as he recently had his handprints on Tee Grizzley's Scripturesalbum, executive producing the project. The album spawned several scorching singles in "God's Warrior" and "Sweet Thangs."

WideeyedUnawareIndochinahogdeer-size_restricted.gif

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

These people writing these articles are dumb as fukk. You Owe Me and You Wont See Me Tonight came out the same year. Furthermore. You Wont See Me Tonight was out first. You Owe Me came out end of 99 going on 2000.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
ok lets do a poll. i respect your opinion and appreciate you explainin your position but its strictly a novelty preference. nobody would ever choose nas to rhyme wit jungle over az EVER. i mean seriously breh LOL

I don't care about an online poll my nig, I can call 10 people from my circle that all prefer the Braveheart version of the Flyest. Now, maybe I'm biased because the Braveheart version is the original version that appeared on Whoo Kid's Escape From New York (Hosted by Nas) mixtape that came out in the fall of 2001 before Stillmatic dropped in December, and my circle was used to hearing that version months prior to the AZ version being released. The casual fan (not implying that you are a causal fan) only heard the AZ version on the album initially and heard the original, Braveheart version months or years later, so they prefer what they heard originally. I like the Braveheart version because it was sped up a little more and Jungle's verse set that bytch off with the energy and had more quotables IMO, while the AZ version is slowed down and much more calmer. I'm not going to change your opinion dogs, and you're damn sure not going to change mines, lol, but it's cool to see everyone's difference of opinion.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i say this

this lost tapes is just what he can legally access at the end of his Def Jam deal any other mythological tracks from before then is just torturing your self ..

Maybe you are right but I wouldn’t say torturing. I’d say that the tracks from the last 4 albums were more readily available and it was easier to access. Nas probably was making sure he had a copy of everything he did while at Def Jam. Perhaps going through the Sony vaults will be a daunting task that will take time and effort. However, the success and popularity of the Lost Tapes 2 should make the task of going through the vaults and finding truly lost material worth it.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
I don't care about an online poll my nig, I can call 10 people from my circle that all prefer the Braveheart version of the Flyest. Now, maybe I'm biased because the Braveheart version is the original version that appeared on Whoo Kid's Escape From New York (Hosted by Nas) mixtape that came out in the fall of 2001 before Stillmatic dropped in December, and my circle was used to hearing that version months prior to the AZ version being released. The casual fan (not implying that you are a causal fan) only heard the AZ version on the album initially and heard the original, Braveheart version months or years later, so they prefer what they heard originally. I like the Braveheart version because it was sped up a little more and Jungle's verse set that bytch off with the energy and had more quotables IMO, while the AZ version is slowed down and much more calmer. I'm not going to change your opinion dogs, and you're damn sure not going to change mines, lol, but it's cool to see everyone's difference of opinion.

i understand the "the first is my favorite" position and its cool to see everyones opinion.

factually tho?

AZ is skilled way beyond jungle and only a small minority beyond your 10 man circle would choose ANY jungle verse over ANY az verse

i had wish they took out hey nas and did a full three verse remix of the pledge it would fit the vibe of god son better

so you rather nas rap over/redo a watered down pac song as opposed to him rappin over risin to the top?

OK. its like an alternate reality in here

On August 29, 2002, Nas performed alongside Murder Inc. at the MTV Video Music Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. Ja Rule and Ashanti performed their top 10 hit, "Down 4 U," while Nas gave us an inspired performance of "One Mic." At the end of their respective sets, they appeared in unison to preview their new collaboration "The Pledge (Remix)," where Nas told the crowd: "2003, Nas and Murder Inc., y'all," before throwing up the Murder Inc. sign and proclaiming "It's going down in 2003 baby. It's Murder, Ill Will!"

exactly. nothing breh.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
i understand the "the first is my favorite" position and its cool to see everyones opinion.

factually tho?

AZ is skilled way beyond jungle and only a small minority beyond your 10 man circle would choose ANY jungle verse over ANY az verse

so you rather nas rap over/redo a watered down pac song as opposed to him rappin over risin to the top?

OK. its like an alternate reality in here

exactly. nothing breh.

Nas rapped over thug mansion on the same album

it would fit better :yeshrug: