Update: The NBA is nearing an 11-year deal with NBC, ESPN and Amazon that would bring in about $76 billion in revenue

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm hold off on assuming this, especially since whatever competent announcer you think you're getting is coming at the expense of losing Harlan, Eagle, etc.

You’re right, TNT’s announcers are among the best in sports. I was just comparing NBC to ESPN. I was assuming that guy was trying to compare ESPN’s wack ass coverage with whatever NBC will have in 2025. ESPN is bottom tier in everything that they do with regards to NBA coverage.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52092850
Daps

When are they going to step their game up?

Never

And why would they?

They got The Finals for 10+ more years :snoop:

Like I said, ESPN is like the Madden of sports broadcasts

The NBA should have charged them an additional $1 billion for those exclusive rights. $100 million a year to maintain the status low :scust:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I might have to disagree with Paulsen about ESPNs early work with the NBA. IIRC They had strong commentators Snapper Jones, Walton, Hubie Brown, John Saunders, Al Michaeks, Nessler, Musberger.

Also an Underrated theme

I think right around the mid 2000s is when it started to get worse ironically when Skip started to become more prominent and when SAS came back to ESPN

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That one tweet was correct I remember fans trashing ESPN for their soccer coverage then they stepped it up big time with the World Cup. Got credible commentators and analysts. It helped that Skipper was a soccer fan. Might need NBA fans to apply the pressure on social media.