Neil deGrasse Tyson on Growing U.S. science illiteracy

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
"
"The consequence of that is that you breed a generation of people who do not know what science is nor how and why it works," he reportedly said. "You have mortgaged the future financial security of your nation. Innovations in science and technology are the [basis] of tomorrow’s economy."

Tyson compared the modern United States to 12th Century Baghdadi society in present-day Iraq, which led the world in science and mathematics before a series of cataclysms led to its decline. The scientists drifted away, and scientific literacy faded from that part of the world. Of 655 Nobel Prizes awarded in the sciences since 1900, Tyson said, only three have been awarded to Muslims.

“Things that seem harmless can have devastating effects,”

Neil deGrasse Tyson: U.S. science illiteracy a serious threat

giphy.gif

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Who gives a flying fukk about "science" when you have alternative facts and religion?

I'm pretty sure I'm too angry to go to the bar tonight

:mjlol:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Saying dumb anti-science shyt isn't going to fly here without comment.
:gucci: you do realise he's a scientist right?

:gucci: you do realise he's talking about the dangers of being anti-science?

do you read shyt or just skim through it?

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
:gucci: you do realise he's a scientist right?

:gucci: you do realise he's talking about the dangers of being anti-science?

do you read shyt or just skim through it?

What the hell are you talking about? The dude I quoted is not a scientist and is not talking about shyt except some Hotep, pseudo-pro Black nonsense.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
NDG is right..the issue isnt just the growing scientific illiteracy...its that its limited to this country...in places like India and china theyre not playing...

maxresdefault.jpg

China-based innovators applied for a record-setting number of invention patents last year.

The country accounted for more than a million submissions, according to an annual report by the World Intellectual Property Organization (Wipo). It said the figure was "extraordinary".

Many of the filings were for new ideas in telecoms, computing, semiconductors and medical tech.

Once the center of innovation shifts east the money and power will surely follow and the curtains will start rolling down