Neil deGrasse Tyson on Growing U.S. science illiteracy

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You literally are lying now and why I do not understand.
The article posted clips of him using the fake ass quotes and Tyson himself in a reply didn't even deny using fake quotes and literally said if it helps him get his point across that is all that he is concerned with.

That isn't the statement of a man committed to telling the truth
And the other one:

Assuming that the above comment did, in fact, come from the actual Neil deGrasse Tyson (this entire post is premised on that assumption), i

I mean seriously? How am I supposed to take the article seriously if the person either A.)Didn't attend the lecture. B.)Created an article off of a comment section response without confirming the identity of the person making the comment. :mjgrin:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
He's an arrogant douche

America doesn't need it's populace to be smart in science when corporations can just get visas for the top scientists from other countries. American companies are still innovating and growing economically. Saying otherwise is a lie.

This line of thinking is exactly what's wrong with america and it's exactly why alot of foreign countries are kicking our asses academically. We've become complacent and stagnant in our growth as we're living here. not all of us per se', but the greater population doesnt cherrish inventiveness and science like the rest of the world does.

Get foreign students & tops scientists from other countries we should be number 1 with all the resources at our beck and call but that passion for being academically advanced is being stifled man. :stopitslime:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
And the other one:

I mean seriously? How am I supposed to take the article seriously if the person either A.)Didn't attend the lecture. B.)Created an article off of a comment section response without confirming the identity of the person making the comment. :mjgrin:

The addressed the actual argument presented, if it was Tyson, and were open that they did not know if it was truly him but would address the point made.
This is called being intellectually honest.

From your article:

:yeshrug:

Thats called addressing an actual fact, that the quote presented, which the site documents he has presented multiple times, is in fact, a made up quote that there is no proof of having ever been printed.

You are pretty poor at this logic thing.

greenygreen

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Science is cool but when you get back to big bang the story basically ends, with no real explanation for the big bang.

I ain't mad it NDT but I lost respect for him when he did this routine clowning ufo researchers and claiming ufo don't exist. Then he had another video saying it's mathematically impossible for aliens not to exist. Which proved to me that he has agendas.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The addressed the actual argument presented, if it was Tyson, and were open that they did not know if it was truly him but would address the point made.
This is called being intellectually honest.

Thats called addressing an actual fact, that the quote presented, which the site documents he has presented multiple times, is in fact, a made up quote that there is no proof of having ever been printed.

You are pretty poor at this logic thing.
Wait, so someone admitting they are creating an argument based on their own interpretation of 1 slide is facts?

The problem here isn't that you're wrong. It's the the information you're attempting to use to discredit a scientists is all conjecture and hyperbole.

Don't be lazy and use a bad source.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Pink_Freud said:
the problem is there are a lot of dudes that THINK they know what the fukk they are talking about but couldn't explain the scientific method if their lives depended on it.

and even worse than that is ppl completely lack any critical thinking and think that they can just say and do whatever without proof but can get away with it cuz the majority agrees with them.

What's really hilarious is that most of the greatest scientific discoveries were made by totally disregarding the scientific method.

It really all boils down to rhetorical skills.

Ask Galileo.​

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Wait, so someone admitting they are creating an argument based on their own interpretation of 1 slide is facts?

The problem here isn't that you're wrong. It's the the information you're attempting to use to discredit a scientists is all conjecture and hyperbole.

Don't be lazy and use a bad source.
The man didn't admit to creating a argument out of an interpretation, he literally made an argument out of what Tyson presented on a slide, what he documented Tyson using on atleast 3 occasions previously, and even posted another video of him using the same bogus quote at a college and another meeting, the college commencement video now taken down.

The problem is you are so committed to blindly defending Tyson, that you literally ignore how he delibrately has lied about things to make a "point" that science in the US needs more funding, instead of say, him presenting intellectually honest statements.

so I would tell you, don't be intellectual lazy and intellectually dishonest in defneding Tyson who is both

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Also, I don't exactly agree with the term 'science illiteracy'. There are multiple sciences and they are becoming more and more specialized as technology advances with little or no overlap between disciplines.

For example: It comes as no surprise to me how some people don't know how a hot-air furnace works, but will tell you down to the minutest detail how DNA replicates itself.

:jbhmm:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Science is cool but when you get back to big bang the story basically ends, with no real explanation for the big bang.

I ain't mad it NDT but I lost respect for him when he did this routine clowning ufo researchers and claiming ufo don't exist. Then he had another video saying it's mathematically impossible for aliens not to exist. Which proved to me that he has agendas.

Aliens existing somewhere in the universe doesn't mean they covertly travel to Earth in flying saucers

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
NDG is right..the issue isnt just the growing scientific illiteracy...its that its limited to this country...in places like India and china theyre not playing...

maxresdefault.jpg

Once the center of innovation shifts east the money and power will surely follow and the curtains will start rolling down

It's already gone, it left November 8th of last year.