Neil deGrasse Tyson on Growing U.S. science illiteracy

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Call the most prolific black science educator a fake, brehs.:mjgrin:

Have your receipts be an anti-science political blog, brehs. :beli:
Call tyson the most prolific black science educator when he is a director a science center and has no real research to his name.
SMH.

Guess you think Bill Nye is the most prolific white scientist don't you?
SMH

tyson is famous, but he is a PR man primarily and a salesman looking for income or funding for his center he runs primarily.
there are actually black scientists out there that have real research to their name though,.

As for an anti-science political blog, funny I bet its only anti science because it made an assertion and backed it up in totality against Tyson.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
He's an arrogant douche

America doesn't need it's populace to be smart in science when corporations can just get visas for the top scientists from other countries. American companies are still innovating and growing economically. Saying otherwise is a lie.
You do realize that's a symptom of the issue he's addressing?

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Top scientists are also being diverted to banking and finance and make more in a year there than they could in science. Universities are willing to get foreign grad students who can work around the clock in PhD programs because the opportunity cost of an American taking 5 years out of their life is higher than someone from a developing country making 30 grand plus tuition waiver.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Out of all those links he only has 5 research papers where he is the lead and the last one was in 93.

Now compare him to Lawrence Krauss or Hakeem Oluseyi's research and you would see the difference in professional class and I'm not saying that in a dismissive fashion, just letting you see his research in context compared to others in the same field.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Did Neil deGrasse Tyson Just Try To Justify Blatant Quote Fabrication?
Super Scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson Doesn't Understand Statistics

He is a salesman, nothing wrong with that, but when you remember he is selling trying to get scientific funding, you must realize to sell there most be a panic or a problem to fix. You can't sell we are slightly above average and just out the top 10 in the world or some shyt like that.
That shyt is not a good look.

Call the most prolific black science educator a fake, brehs.:mjgrin:

Have your receipts be an anti-science political blog, brehs. :beli:

I feel what youre getting at. Im a NDT fan as well, but the guy wrote that shyt in a very logical manner, complete with sources to back up his statements.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That shyt is not a good look.

I feel what youre getting at. Im a NDT fan as well, but the guy wrote that shyt in a very logical manner, complete with sources to back up his statements.
Did you even read the article? The article was written by a guy who created a strawman based on a screen capture from a twitter post. If you get to the end of the article, he says he did not attend the lecture, did not listen to the lecture, and does not even know what the screen grab referred to. He even went further to say that NDT could have even addressed those concerns he presented in his own article.

Don't fall for fake sources.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Did you even read the article? The article was written by a guy who created a strawman based on a screen capture from a twitter post. If you get to the end of the article, he says he did not attend the lecture, did not listen to the lecture, and does not even know what the screen grab referred to. He even went further to say that NDT could have even addressed those concerns he presented in his own article.

Of course i read it. The segments where he focuses on NDT's slight embellishments here and there put me off, as that is the antithesis of the scientific movement. I can get embellishing shyt to the ignorant masses, but not to bolster a scientific argument. Then theres the portion which revisits NDT's jury duty story in his book. I'd read that excerpt before and it made me even more of a fan..but then I see that the amount (grams) has changed MULTIPLE TIMES from him. Makes the rest of his quotes, specifically ones with no other sources, very shaky.

Oh yeah im only talking about the first link.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

You literally are lying now and why I do not understand.
The article posted clips of him using the fake ass quotes and Tyson himself in a reply didn't even deny using fake quotes and literally said if it helps him get his point across that is all that he is concerned with.

That isn't the statement of a man committed to telling the truth

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
That didnt take long :pachaha:

As usual the coli (cac) group think negs everything that goes against what the white daddy told them. Then again, if I remember correctly, you're white right? :sas2:

Im skeptical of EVERYTHING breh. Thats what it comes down to. But I dont act like the white establishment lies about everything EXCEPT science. Observational science is 1000% legitimate. But the science with agendas? I cant get with it breh. And this pseudo scientist Tyson is on the list just as Bill Nye is.. He fooled yall (well you're a cac right? :sas2:) but not me

:yeshrug:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You literally are lying now and why I do not understand.
The article posted clips of him using the fake ass quotes and Tyson himself in a reply didn't even deny using fake quotes and literally said if it helps him get his point across that is all that he is concerned with.

That isn't the statement of a man committed to telling the truth
From your article:

Now, for all I know (I was not present at the conference and only saw the picture of his slide on Twitter), Tyson may have had a long digression about means and medians and skewness and the characteristics of normal distributions. However, that still doesn’t change the fact that his slide, which is obviously intended to make people who aren’t him look stupid, did not contain an inherently stupid or scientifically inaccurate statement. It also didn’t appear to contain an actual newspaper headline.
:yeshrug: