Neil Gaiman's American Gods Coming To Starz

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The book was pretty good for the first two-thirds or so but then it really started to drift off aimlessly until it burst into a ridiculous climax that just fell completely flat. I like Gaiman but this book definitely had better ideas than it had execution.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I can understand that, but in the fantasy I read I don't see to much of that, ie blacks being cast as savages. Its more often that blacks just aren't mentioned at all, lke in the fantasy I read like Warhammer fantasy and sci-fi Warhammer 4k.

That said the black fantasy I've reaad has been terrible, like the Acacia series, which is black written but simply poorly told story with weak characters. IMHO
Have you read the Thousand kingdom series? Also if you read Scifi check out the Aubrey Knight series.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Nah I haven't can you give me a quick run down in your words?
It's a young girl at war with her family for her ancestral throne, her mom kinda left their home land years ago to marry outside of her people. She doesn't really want to deal with it , but is tossed into the fray anyway.

I suck at explaining things.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It's a young girl at war with her family for her ancestral throne, her mom kinda left their home land years ago to marry outside of her people. She doesn't really want to deal with it , but is tossed into the fray anyway.

I suck at explaining things.

Okay, i do't really do women centered stories.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm on Part 2 of the book and I love it. Shadow isn't really much of anything, just there, but the Gods are witty, stubborn and deceptive...I'm loving them.

I am wondering how it all plays out, since it wasn't a series.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm on Part 2 of the book and I love it. Shadow isn't really much of anything, just there, but the Gods are witty, stubborn and deceptive...I'm loving them.

I am wondering how it all plays out, since it wasn't a series.
Shadow is pretty much a big slab of meat. The Gods are the ones with the personality in the book.

I watched it on NBC. I gave it 4 shots and I couldn't get into it. Just not my type of show
Really? I loved everything about Hannibal and visually it was one of the best looking shows on TV.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Shadow is pretty much a big slab of meat. The Gods are the ones with the personality in the book.

Really? I loved everything about Hannibal and visually it was one of the best looking shows on TV.
cinematography was excellent, just nothing that pulled me in like Manhunter did