Neil Gaiman's American Gods Coming To Starz

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I finished the b\book and I now see why it was plucked for a TV series. There's far too much that wasn't explored. Yeah, Shadow still wasn't much off anything, the Older Gods had all of the personality, the Newer Gods were......but overall, midly entertaining.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
New pic of Bilquis and info
'American Gods' introduces the seductive goddess Bilquis in new photo

american-gods-_0.jpg

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ok the book sucked, but the trailer looks dope. I hope it's good.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
i remember when my middle school english teacher gave me this book because
i didn't wanna read that YA Lemony Snicket garbage. as a kid that shyt had me
like :whoo: during our mandatory reading halls. I didnt even undestand
half the shyt until i reread that shyt when i was older. Starz got the juice now
with this, Power, Survivors remorse and the show with them whores.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Trailer looks beautiful

Can someone give me a quick summary of the premise?
The series will focus on the mysterious Shadow, a man who is released from prison a few days early after serving a three-year sentence for bank robbery when his beloved wife Laura is killed in a car accident. Flying home for the funeral, Shadow is seated next to a man who introduces himself only as Mr. Wednesday, and this man knows more about Shadow's life, both past and present, than is possible. Shadow comes to learn that Wednesday is, in fact, the god Odin of Norse mythology and that all of the gods that mankind has ever believed in are alive in human form and live among regular people. Shadow is soon thrust into a gathering conflict between the Old gods and the so-called "New gods," the gods of money and technology who believe there is no longer room on Earth for the old gods.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Entertainment Weekly article on the addition of Vulcan (played by Corbin Bernsen) who was created for the show by author Neil Gaiman:

Meet Vulcan, American Gods' god of guns
pvkMU6z.jpg

EW has an exclusive first look at a new character who straddles both worlds in the series: Meet Vulcan, played by actor Corbin Bernsen (Psych, L.A. Law). He’s based on the Roman god of metalworking and volcanoes… so, essentially, the god of weaponry and fire, which translates into a modern character who has done fairly well for himself in a country where guns reign in the discourse.

“Vulcan’s the god of the volcano and the forge, and what is the modern-day extrapolation of what that god could do?” muses co-showrunner Bryan Fuller. “We started talking about America’s obsession with guns and gun control and, really, if you’re holding a gun in your hand, it’s a mini volcano, and perhaps, through this character, there’s a conversation to be had.”

Green explains the genesis of the character: “He’s a brand-new addition who came from an experience Neil had. He was going through a small town in Alabama where he saw a statue of Vulcan. It was a steel town and, as he told the story, there was a factory that had a series of accidents where people were killed on the job and they kept happening because an actuarial had done the numbers and realized that it was cheaper to pay out the damages to the families of people who lost people, rather than to shut down the factory long enough to repair, and that occurred to him as modern a definition of sacrifice as there might be.”