FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh and I rewatched this like 2 days ago :

gBJVwij.jpg

(5/5)

If you haven't seen it...you gotta give it a go. It's Kubrick for christ sakes!

It's one of my faves, seen it multiple times, so nothing new here, just wanted to take it all in again.

It seems that it's one of Kubrick's least popular films....:manny: I disagree, this movie has so much going on on a subtextual level. Comments on issues like marriage, infidelity, consumerism, elitism, sex, love, family, secrecy...all wrapped into a fukking bizarre plot dealing with...I won't spoil it for those that have never seen it. The performances are great. Regardless of what you think of her, Kidman really can go (And I have to say, she has a nice bod, although, not necessarily the best bod in this movie). Cruise shines (as usual). Side-characters keep up with them.

The resolution is perfect to me. The explanation given can be taken at face value...and it you buy it, it works and doesn't necessarily require much more to be questioned. But it's also ambiguous, and almost begs you to speculate on just what the fukk actually happened. I love this movie.

I feel like this is damn near the perfect movie for a lot of Coli brehs. It has a mixture of #GetMarriedBrehs with that Illuminati/conspiracy shyt that a lot of posters here are also into....:lolbron:

I'ma rewatch The Shining soon. These movies actually share a lot in common when you strip down the plot elements.

i also watched it, how did they know he didnt fit in when he first walked in the cult party. its not like the rest of the elites knew he came in a taxi but they knew

how? i dont think either his costume or mask fitted in

manning2nicks

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
if u dont play games is a ps4 worth it?

I don't play as much as I used to but its worth it to me because I can play if I want. I also like the web browser. I use the web browser for putlocker to stream my movies directly to my TV. But I hear some smart TVs have web browsers , mine doesn't.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
I don't play as much as I used to but its worth it to me because I can play if I want. I also like the web browser. I use the web browser for putlocker to stream my movies directly to my TV. But I hear some smart TVs have web browsers , mine doesn't.

Fire TV can be rooted and Kodi added to it

I use Plex on all my devices, which requires me to download the movie to one of the pcs

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
P4ZLQI9.jpg

5/5
"COULD YOU KILL YOUR BEST FRIEND?"

Been a few years, still love it. I think that I always will.

This might get a tad bit spoilerish, so if you haven't seen the movie...do yourself a favor and give it a go before reading my thoughts. If you're an adult right now, there are things that might not resonate as much for you (As most young adult works will have this issue), but make no mistake, this is no Divergent.

I first saw it back when I was around the same age of the characters....so it really resonated with me on a level that only those rare films that you see during the perfect time in your life really can.

Some of the dialogue is cheesy, the ending could have been tightened up a bit...the world doesn't really make much sense (Unlike Hunger Games, this doesn't seem to be broadcast for entertainment...they are just making these young folks kill each other for the helluva it), and I'm not even sure if I understand how the ex-teacher managed to be in control of the soldiers....

But they get SO MANY THINGS RIGHT in regards to being a young person, peer pressure, cliques, crushes, bullying, mistrust of adults, love, loyalty, family, friendship etc. You KNOW or KNEW someone in this movie, you identify with SOMEONE.

And the violence...the lovely, beautiful, delicious violence....:ahh: They pull no punches and I LOVE it. Make no mistake...this is an exploitation flick. Kids getting mauled, shot up, blown up...mostly (but not always :lolbron:) by other kids.

My understanding is that...this was touching heavily on Japanese society at the time, specifically a recession they were going through (And, I think they continue to go through). Society failing. The youth going wild. Politicians fukking everything up as usual. But the truth is that...this shyt is relevant to American society RIGHT NOW, and honestly...is probably relevant in some respects to every society that has ever existed.

This movie also helped expand my horizons as far as being interested in film...I was a young teen that would never fukk with subtiles. After this movie, I ended up going on a binge of all these Japanese flicks, than eventually moved onto Korea, France, Brazil, etc. Man...spending 30 dollars of your pops money to import a DVD because you had to buy it from out of the country but also had to make sure it was a specific region/coding less it won't play on your dvd player....:laugh: Those were the days.

Cb8JwQm.jpg

Man...I crushed SO HARD....:wub:

EEYJRzn.jpg

I will *always* have fondness and tenderness for this movie.

I know it's cliched to say it, but Battle Royale >>> Hunger Games

F7MVDeP.png

3/5
No homo....:mjpls:

Honestly, you're better off watching the more recent Generation Iron (4/5) which is also on netflix. Unless you're a huge Arnold or Lou fan, GI is simply modern and more entertaining.

For me, I suppose that the best aspect was seeing that 70's setting in a real, intimate way. It worked best as a period piece to me, unlike GI, which was better at brining me into the head of a professional Body-Builder

i also watched it, how did they know he didnt fit in when he first walked in the cult party. its not like the rest of the elites knew he came in a taxi but they knew

how? i dont think either his costume or mask fitted in
Well, the movie is so ambiguous with everything that it's almost impossible to tell what really happened.

Like I said, you can buy the given explanation (They noticed that he came in a taxi)...but it *feels* so much deeper and complicated than that.

I think it was a combination of the taxi, the mask, his mannerisms....but also likely some esoteric/cult thing that allows them to just *know* who is who.

wo330AV.gif

This dude on the right was grillin' him from the jump....:mindblown:

Sheeeiiit....they might have even been following his movements from the jump. Maybe they were tailing the Piano player, and started tailing Dr. Bill after they had their meeting?

Gotta remember....they DID give dude a chance to prove himself. He fukked up on that password puzzle....:lolbron:

It's hard to say...and that's one of the reasons why I love the film so much.

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
P4ZLQI9.jpg

5/5
Been a few years, still love it.

I first saw it back when I was around the same age of the characters....so it really resonated with me on a level that only those rare films that you see during the perfect time in your life can.

I will *always* have nothing but fondness and tenderness towards this movie.

F7MVDeP.png

3/5
No homo....:mjpls:

Honestly, you're better off watching the more recent Generation Iron (4/5) which is also on netflix. Unless you're a huge Arnold or Joe fan, GI is simply modern and more entertaining.

Well, the movie is so ambiguous with everything that it's almost impossible to tell what really happened.

Like I said, you can buy the given explanation (They noticed that he came in a taxi)...but it *feels* so much deeper and complicated than that.

I think it was a combination of the taxi, the mask, his mannerisms....but also likely some esoteric/cult thing that allows them to just *know* who is who.

wo330AV.gif

This dude on the right was grillin' him from the jump....:mindblown:

Sheeeiiit....they might have even been following his movements from the jump. Maybe they were tailing the Piano player, and started tailing Dr. Bill after they had their meeting?

Gotta remember....they DID give dude a chance to prove himself. He fukked up on that password puzzle....:lolbron:

It's hard to say...and that's one of the reasons why I love the film so much.
The more I think about it it had to be his mask, they must wear the same masks for every meeting

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
The more I think about it it had to be his mask, they must wear the same masks for every meeting
It's certainly possible.
Q21GPQM.jpg

This is kinda what I was hinting at when I mentioned some sort or esoteric/cult thing pointing him out...maybe there is something about his mask that, although to us seems to fit in with the other guest, to them, is a tell-tale sign that he doesn't belong?

wk8io0c.jpg

While it's possible that it was simply nobody having recognized him before...there was a ton of people at that party.

BTW, you might have already guessed this, but here's a video suggesting that "Red Cloak" was Bill's rich friend :

Movie starts out with him already throwing a party an a mansion....